nvidia 6600 - dual head without binary driver?

nvidia 6600 - dual head without binary driver?

Post by schnitzelmeis.. » Fri, 06 May 2005 00:22:45

Hi.
I have a single nvidia 6600 GT card, with two output sockets - one dvi
and one vga. Each of theses goes to a flat panel.

I'm currently using the binary nvidia driver, but it occasionally locks
the machine, which isn't good.

I'd like to be able to drag windows between the two screens, but for
each screen to be treated as a screen - so maximising a window will
fill the current screen.

I have no need for 3d acceleration, so would like to use the free nv
driver.

Has anyone had any luck getting this working? Can I see your xorg.conf
file if you have?

Thanks