good Linux-aware system seller?

Post by Todd » Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:50:36

Greetings,

I'm in the hunt for a stable, $500-$800 system that'll have
        o Intel or Asus motherboard w/ integrated sound/video/LAN.
        o Solid Linux driver support for the integrated periphs
          (though I hear that's not as big a deal these days and Linux
          will run on most anything).
        o Processor doesn't much matter, though I have a leaning
          toward Intel (due to a bad AMD experience with a
          Thunderbird 800 on an Abit KT7-RAID--never got that damned
          thing stable), but am willing to try AMD again.
        o a bunch of RAM
        o A nice quiet case which can be ugly and bland

I've built my own in the past, but the novelty has worn off and I'd
much prefer to purchase a tested known-good system.

Are there any Linux-clueful system resellers that would build such a
system?  I checked out penguincomputing.com but they seem to be
selling at more the higher end in the $1400 workstation arena.

TIA for any insight or advice!

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

good Linux-aware system seller?

Post by Joe Beanfis » Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:41:44

Quote:

> Are there any Linux-clueful system resellers that would build such a
> system?  I checked out penguincomputing.com but they seem to be
> selling at more the higher end in the $1400 workstation arena.

There are a bunch listed under hardware at linux.org.

1. Q: Good Linux Computer System Sellers

I have a bunch of VARs listed at:
<http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/linuxcommercial.html>

It would be entirely unsurprising to see a posting in the near future
indicating that Linas Vespas has "created a list of VARS" much as he
has recently "created a list of accounting software" and "created a
list of database packages."  But you heard it here first...
--

take you today?  A: Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus addictis...

2. Q: editor-newsgroup (where)

3. Linux AXP seller?

4. ifconfig interface problem -- help please

5. Incredible News: Linux is a best seller!!!

6. amd - please help

7. LINUX cdrom sellers in Madras/Chennai (India) ??

8. How to setup SanDisk MMC reader

9. Make SCSI-system aware of type 12-devices

10. Denver-area Linux-aware dealers &| user groups

11. Barnes & Noble Best Seller List

12. Re-Sellers