Tape backup

Post by Charles Schutt » Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a 800 meg Travan-1 tape backup that works in Linux off
the parallel port?
If so please leave me a message or E-mail me at

     I am afraid of Iomega as I have sent multiple E-mails to their
automated  setup and never have gotten the question answered.
     I believe I have every reason to assume their troubleshooting and
support is as bad.
in advance thanks.

1. Solstice Backup 5.1 / DMO 2.1/Oracle 8.1.5: Tape backup failed : Need of 5.5 Upgrade ?

Hi,

we have the following installation:

Backup Server with

Solaris 2.5.1
Solstice Backup  Server 5.1

Backup client with

Solaris 2.6
Solstice backup Client 5.1

DMO (Database modules for Oracle) 2.1 with the last Patches, which
should give the possibility of scheduled backups

Oracle 8.1.5

Our Problem is:

we cant make a tape-backup with allocate ...'sbt_tape'  startet over
rman. backups to disk are running fine.

Starting a backup over nwadmin we get an error, because there is no
given a user.

Has anybody made a tape-backup from rman or nwadmin, without upgrading
to Solstice Backup 5.5?

TIA,

Nele

2. Possible to tell what flags binaries are compiled with?

3. Star tape size for multi tape backups question

4. 3 PCs, 9 IPs

5. Tape backups.. Erase tape first?

6. logging box?

7. tape backups, scsi tape drive?

8. What is Xwindow?

9. Conner 4584 DAT tape backup with 12 tape Autoloader

10. Tape Backup under Suse 6.0 with a SCSI Tape

11. ufsdump verification on norewind tapes (was: Re: A Tape Backup

12. ufsdump verification on norewind tapes (was: Re: A Tape Backup Question )

13. Pls help : tape to tape backup (re-sent)