Reveal 4X GCDR540 CDROM Driver?

Post by James D. Richardson » Wed, 25 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have a Pentium 100 with an American Mega Trends Motherboard and a
Reveal 4x GCDR540 cd rom and I am trying to install red hat version
3.3.0 on this system via a cd rom. I have had some difficultly The
setup program will find this cd-rom, but when it goes to install it
decides to stop and nothing will bring it back up again, Is this
because of a Driver problem, or is this because I have not done
something right. If someone has a driver for this cd-rom I would
appreciate  it if you could either e-mail it to me, or tell me where I
can download it.
        Besides that I have successfully installed this version of red
hat on a 486 Packard Bell, I followed all of the instruction the same
as the attempt on the Pentium. But the cdrom is a Panisonic. Any help
wilbe appreciated. Thanks
Jim Richardson

1. Goldstar 540 4X CDROM (Reveal 4x CDROm)

I just purchaced the Infomagic Developer's Resource Linux kit.  It came
with the Slackware 2.2 software (kernel 1.2).  The CDROM I have is on an
IDE/ATAPI interface.  When creating the boot and root floppies, I picked
the IDE/ATAPI kernel.  I boot and it recognizes the CDROM.  I create my
partitions (or rather recreate - I was using an old linux) and run
setup.  I choose IDE drive for the source and pick my packages.  It
starts to install (CD light flashes) and then errors out giving me a
unexpeced end of file for tar (the CDROM complains about a Buffer problem.)

Going out to root, I can see that the CDROM is mounted.  I can cd to the
directory and look around.  If I cat out a readme.lnx or readme.dos file
it will go so far then the buffer error.

Can anyone help?!!!!

Bob

2. TCP connections timing out?

3. InfoMagic CDROM Installation on Reveal 4X CDROm

4. xterm at startup

5. You don't have to throw you REVEAL 4x ATAPI CDROM away...

6. What the heck is this?`

7. Reveal 4x CDROM Install

8. help with compiling

9. InfoMagic CD install-Reveal 4X (Goldtar R540GD) IDE/TAPI CDROM

10. getting my Reveal 4x CDROM to work with Linux????

11. cdrom driver needed for hitache cdrom 4X please....

12. nec 260 4x cdrom-1.3.4x kernels

13. Need driver Reveal CDROM Model #GCD-R420B