ADR Onstream ID-30 tape drive

Post by dirk_piet.. » Wed, 26 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm desperately looking for someone who got his Onstream DI-30 IDE
tape drive to work with any of the latest SuSE (6.3 or 6.4)
distributions.

Support for this (supposedly) nice piece of hardware is included in
the SuSE kernel.

I thought that I got everything to work, but 'tarring' an archive to a
tape, I cannot read my written tapes. When I start the restore,
everything seems to work fine, but after extracting some files from a
tape, I always get a tar-error message: 'tar: read error on /dev/ht0:
Input/Output error'. After I get this message 10 times, I get the
error: 'Tar: too many errors, quitting', and everything stops.

Who experienced this before?

Please, HELP!

=8-) dirk

1. ADR Onstream ID-30 tape drive

Hi,

I'm desperately looking for someone who got his Onstream DI-30 IDE
tape drive to work with any of the latest SuSE (6.3 or 6.4)
distributions.

Support for this (supposedly) nice piece of hardware is included in
the SuSE kernel.

I thought that I got everything to work, but 'tarring' an archive to a
tape, I cannot read my written tapes. When I start the restore,
everything seems to work fine, but after extracting some files from a
tape, I always get a tar-error message: 'tar: read error on /dev/ht0:
Input/Output error'. After I get this message 10 times, I get the
error: 'Tar: too many errors, quitting', and everything stops.

Who experienced this before?

Please, HELP!

=8-) dirk

2. SparcprinterII and Solaris7

3. OnStream ADR 30 Gig tape drive support?

4. RRAS & Linux

5. Will FreeBSD support the Onstream USB 30 GB ADR tape drive?

6. Linux German HOWTO (part 1/1)

7. Backups and Onstream ADR Tape Drives

8. NIC failover

9. Onstream DI-30 IDE tape drive

10. OnStream DI-30 tape drive and vt82c686b

11. OnStream Echo DI30 15/30 IDE tape drive any good with Linux ?

12. eject tape OnStream ADR 2.240SR