updatedb: @find@ can't find .......

Post by Richard S Boswel » Wed, 01 Nov 1995 04:00:00

That is the message I get.  I looked in the updatedb file and
don't know what the problem is.  I get this error message in my
mailbox (must be in the cron or something).  I also get the same
message when I run updatedb.  What is the problem here?

sid.

--

Small Computer Operations Supervisor/Programmer
Texas A&M University AGECO/TAES/AFPC

Post by Richard Garnis » Wed, 01 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>That is the message I get.  I looked in the updatedb file and
>don't know what the problem is.  I get this error message in my
>mailbox (must be in the cron or something).  I also get the same
>message when I run updatedb.  What is the problem here?

>sid.

I get exactly the same message, timestamped 07:40 every morning.
Strange thing is, it's only donw it since I reinstalled Linux
(I fdisk'd and reformatted the HD, and reinstalled from the same
InfoMagic CD-ROM as I had before).  Although my old installation
is more or less the same as the new one, I didn't get those messages
before.  What am I to do about them?

Richard Garnish

updatedb: @find@ can't find .......

Post by Zenon Fortu » Thu, 02 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>>That is the message I get.  I looked in the updatedb file and
>>don't know what the problem is.  I get this error message in my
>>mailbox (must be in the cron or something).  I also get the same
>>message when I run updatedb.  What is the problem here?

>>sid.

>I get exactly the same message, timestamped 07:40 every morning.
> [...]

The "updatedb" script in certain versions of the Slackware release was buggy.
Get the fixed version from ftp.netcom.com:/pub/ze/zenon/linux/Slackare2Fixes
Read also the related SimpleFixes* files (you will be surprized what you can
correct with a simple effort).

1. 'Find' 'Updatedb' or find database replacement for Solaris 2.X?

        I've grown to love the SunOS 4.1.3 /usr/lib/updatedb,
        but it's not in Solaris 2.X. Anyone know where I can
        find a 2.X replacement. Archie was not able to :-(

                        Tanks

                                                Tim

2. MAINTAINERS file addition: Al Viro

3. Help with updatedb, (can't find @find@ or @frcode...)

4. Andale Mono - KDE 2.2 - Printing

5. ?updatedb: @find@: command not found???

6. "pinning" binaries

7. updatedb can't find /proc/self/fd/4

8. Connecting Redhat to MS Small Biz Server

9. updatedb can't find file

10. -prune regexp for gnu find/locate/updatedb doesn't work - why?

11. Need to find info on the 'FIND' command

12. finding new files with 'find'--egg on face

13. 'find' arguments find file containing permission