memory dimm

Post by Jeff Moor » Thu, 01 Feb 2001 03:40:12

I have a shuttle hot motherboard from 1997 set up for 75mhz with Cyrix
200mmx cpu. I have installed a smart 32mb dimm on this board and it is
reading it as 8mb. I put the dimm on another board from 1997 and it also
read it as 8mb. Is there some setting that I can change to make this
32mb dimm read properly?

Jeff Moore

1. Displaying Physical Memory (DIMM) Modules

Is there a command within Solaris (2.6 or 7) to display the actual number of
physical DIMMs installed?  I know how to get the total physical memory, but
is there a command that shows you the DIMMs and their respective size in MB?

AIX is much more easy to get information out of!!

-David

2. select, shutdown & HP-UX

3. SunFire V250: CPU0 DIMM 2 SPD reports DIMM cycle time is less than 133 MHz

4. Linux box + router + cable modem

5. SIMM or DIMM? SIMM and DIMM?

6. Promise RAID controller card

7. PC-133 RAM + VIA 686B -> 4 x DIMM or 3 x DIMM ?

8. mounting Panasonic 563B CDROM

9. MS-6199VA Memory installation problems (512Mb DIMM)

10. SIMMS VS DIMMS

11. kernel doesn't see new 32meg dimm

12. FS: RAM- pair of 64MB SOJ DIMMs for SS-20, UltraSparc1

13. 64 meg dimm on Eurone EM-5400V MB