unresolved symbols after kernel recompile

unresolved symbols after kernel recompile

Post by Jeremy Finche » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Last night I recompiled my kernel.  I just used the same source tree
that cam with RH 6.1, since I've had problems in the past with using a
new source tree.

I'm not including my specific error messages yet, because this is
probably pretty simple to fix.  When I boot, I get "unresolved symbols"
when it tries to load my sound drivers, and they don't work.

The commands i used in recompiling my kernel were these:
cd /usr/src/linux
make xconfig
make dep
make clean
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install

Then I copied /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage to /boot, and added
the entry in /etc/lilo.conf, and ran lilo.  I then booted into the new
kernel.

Any ideas why I get unresolved symbols from the sound card?  i wasn't
paying too much attention when going through the sound part of kernel
configuration; there's a chance I didn't recompile my drivers.

Thanks,
Jeremy

1. recompiling kernel keep getting unresolved symbols

I keep getting unresolved symbols in the ip_masq stuff as well as now in the
slip.o file. I am using a RH5.2 installation. I recently installed the
kernel-2.0.36-3.rpm, but this doesn't seemed to have helped, in fact, if
anything, it made matters worse. Can someone point me to a reliable set of
source files so that I can finally get the ip_masquerading to work on the
machine?

Ciao, Neil

2. Guru help needed with dlopen issue

3. unresolved symbol(s) after recompiled kernel !

4. Advanced Apache log rolling question

5. unresolved symbols in modules after kernel recompile

6. How do I stop shell removing quotes

7. Using disklabel

8. Ver. 2.0.0 recompile on boot unresolved symbols errors

9. Recompile unresolved symbols

10. recompile of kernel leads to unresolved modules ???

11. unresolved dependencies after recompiling kernel

12. Modules, kernel 1.1.88, and unresolved symbols