ISDN with Courier I-modem?

Post by John Schweige » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone here shed some light on whether it's possible to
use a USR Courier I-Modem under RedHat 5.2?  USR says it looks
just like a serial port modem and setserial can see it OK but
I can't get minicom to talk to it or my ppp0 interface either.
Before I spend alot of time looking for the right setup I'd
like to know if anyone else has made this work either as a standard
modem or ISDN.  Thanks.

ISDN with Courier I-modem?

Post by mezc » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I too have an Imodem.  Mine is internal and if yours is too, you may
have a problem.  I've heard of people in Europe getting ISDN4Linux
working with this model, but I haven't tried it yet.  If you have an
external modem, then I can tell you that Linux will work with it with
no problems.
Quote:>Can anyone here shed some light on whether it's possible to
>use a USR Courier I-Modem under RedHat 5.2?  USR says it looks
>just like a serial port modem and setserial can see it OK but
>I can't get minicom to talk to it or my ppp0 interface either.
>Before I spend alot of time looking for the right setup I'd
>like to know if anyone else has made this work either as a standard
>modem or ISDN.  Thanks.

ISDN with Courier I-modem?

Post by John Schweige » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

[...]

Post by daniel azzarr » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

i dont know about courier i-modem, but have you tried ipppd instead of
pppd?

> Can anyone here shed some light on whether it's possible to
> use a USR Courier I-Modem under RedHat 5.2?  USR says it looks
> just like a serial port modem and setserial can see it OK but
> I can't get minicom to talk to it or my ppp0 interface either.
> Before I spend alot of time looking for the right setup I'd
> like to know if anyone else has made this work either as a standard
> modem or ISDN.  Thanks.

ISDN with Courier I-modem?

Post by Christopher Dugmor » Tue, 23 Mar 1999 04:00:00

John - I have the USR Courier I-Modem working under both RH5.2 (at home)
and RH5.0 (at work). I have them setup with mgetty so that ppp is
automatically detected when a LCP packet is detected. They also work just
fine in terminal mode. You should check that the device is correct when
using minicom.

Best of luck - Chris

> Can anyone here shed some light on whether it's possible to
> use a USR Courier I-Modem under RedHat 5.2?  USR says it looks
> just like a serial port modem and setserial can see it OK but
> I can't get minicom to talk to it or my ppp0 interface either.
> Before I spend alot of time looking for the right setup I'd
> like to know if anyone else has made this work either as a standard
> modem or ISDN.  Thanks.

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

ISDN with Courier I-modem?

Post by M. R. Maybe » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Don't have your exact modem, but minicom couldn't talk to my ISDN modem
until i did 'minicom -s' and set some properties and S-regs
correctly...  notably speed 115200 and dial-type ISDN.  Am now happily
using it (3Com ImpactIQ).  Hope this helps.

--

"The moving finger writes, and having writ moves on.  Nor all your piety
 nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line..." - The Rubaiyat