CMD EIDE driver?

Post by Suba Pete » Sat, 15 Apr 1995 04:00:00

HI,
I have a CMD640 EIDE (Winbond chipset), for wich I seek a Linux driver. I have
the install disk with a SCO Unix driver on it, but naturally it does not work
with Linux...
  Also, the drivers are of Rev. K01 so if someone knows of a
faster/better/newer driver inform me please.

Peter Suba

1. EIDE & CMD CONTRLL & EIDE CDROM & KERN 1.2.9

Just wondering ?

I have a CMD 640 EIDE controller card and I was wondering if ,in light
adverse comments about CMD Controllers in the current 1.2.9 kernel notes,
changed my controller card to a card with a builtin BIOS. Would such a move
be better than keeping a card with such problems ?

Could anyone recommend a multi IO EIDE card ?
I am trying to install linux on to a machine with the following :-

486DX33 , 4MB , 210MB & 420MB, CD Goldstar 540b EIDE
using the Infomagic Linux Developer Resource March 1995 CD.
The main snag is it will not recognize the CD on the 2nd EIDE port .

A.D.Mitchell        +  C'serve 100603,2561         +
Edinburgh           +                              +

WWW: http://www.presence.co.uk/homes/mitchnet      +

2. MITSUMI CDROM INSTALLATION WOES

3. CMD 640 PCI EIDE Controller

4. Oh joy more cdr questions

5. EIDE as 2nd controller, 3rd drive need driver driver

6. Total newbie seeks 3Com HC camera advice

7. VAR=$(cmd) versus VAR=`cmd`

8. socket connect/disconnect

9. capturing exit status for cmd when invoking 'xterm -e cmd'

10. how to assign out=`cmd` w/out waiting for "cmd" to finish??

11. ksh/bash: let cmd and test cmd interpret 08 (octal) differently

12. ksh/bash expr `cmd` vs $(cmd)

13. ksh/bash: let cmd and test cmd interpret 08 (octal) differently