Quad speed Mitsumi CD ROM

Post by nekham » Sat, 06 May 1995 04:00:00

Hi!
Does anybody here have any experience with Quad speed Mitsumi
CD ROM drive? Does it actually work under Linux? If it does,
any related problems?
Thanks in advance - Lev Nekhamkin.

Quad speed Mitsumi CD ROM

Post by Mike Jacks » Sat, 06 May 1995 04:00:00

>Hi!
>Does anybody here have any experience with Quad speed Mitsumi
>CD ROM drive? Does it actually work under Linux?

Yes, it is supported.  It works great.
It is usually connected through an ATAPI
IDE interface card, not the normal Mitsumi interface card.
So, when you are installing Linux, be careful to use the right
kernel for ATAPI/IDE CDROM drives, not the kernel for Mitsumi CDROM drives.
(Not that I would try such a thing...  :-(  :-0  :-)

Enjoy

Mike Jackson