LS120 mega floppy and DVD-rom support

Post by Marti » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi, does anybody know of any support for these?
I'd hate to have to bin my nice LS120...though I have a parallel port 100
meg Zip drive too, and yes, does anybody know how I can get that running
too? ;-)
Jeez, I hope it's worth it in the end......
M.

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

LS120 mega floppy and DVD-rom support

Post by Gene Hesket » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Martin ;

The IDE version works quite well.  I've been using mine on the linux box
since HR5.2.   Support *may* depend on your bios, if its not seen in the
early bootup screen before lilo even starts, the chipset may not support
it on *your* board.  Thats a good excuse to go looking for a bios
upgrade.

I've no knowledge about any parport versions of it however.

Quote:> Hi, does anybody know of any support for these?
> I'd hate to have to bin my nice LS120...though I have a parallel
> port 100  meg Zip drive too, and yes, does anybody know how I can
> get that running  too? ;-) Jeez, I hope it's worth it in the
> end...... M.

Cheers, Gene
--
  Gene Heskett, CET, UHK       |Amiga A2k Zeus040 50 megs fast/2 megs chip

                               |Buddha + 4 gig WDC drive, 525 meg tape
                               |Stylus Pro, EnPrint, Picasso-II, 17" vga
         RC5-Moo! 690kkeys/sec isn't much, but it all helps
email gene underscore heskett at iolinc dot net
--

Post by John Ho » Sun, 20 Jun 1999 04:00:00

: The IDE version works quite well.  I've been using mine on the linux box
: since HR5.2.   Support *may* depend on your bios, if its not seen in the
: early bootup screen before lilo even starts, the chipset may not support
: it on *your* board.  Thats a good excuse to go looking for a bios
: upgrade.

        The BIOS means nothing to an LS-120 drive.  I have my IDE LS-120
working on a AMD 5x86/133Mhz machine.  Under DOS I simply install the
driver for it to work.  Under Linux it picked it up automatically.  The
only thing the BIOS will do is when you want to use it as your A: drive
bootable device.

LS120 mega floppy and DVD-rom support

Post by Tsmanlym » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Just make sure you compile atapi floppy support into your kernel. As for the
par port, there is also an option for that at compile time, I think

1. Does FreeBSD support DVD-ROM, and/or DVD-RAM?

3-Mar-99 (2:50 AM)

I have to replace my PCs internal CD-ROM drive.  My hard disk drives are
SCSI-2 based.

I'm considering replacing it with either a SCSI 40X CD-ROM drive, or some type
of DVD drive (preferably SCSI-based).

Searching the FreeBSD web site yielded no notable mentions for DVD support,
only support for CD-ROM, CD-RW, etc.  The FreeBSD Mall (
http://www.freebsdmall.com/products/ ) mentions they are considering the sale
of FreeBSD on DVD (as opposed to four CD-ROMs).

Does FreeBSD support DVD-ROM drives (IDE and/or SCSI)?

Does FreeBSD support DVD-RAM drives (IDE and/or SCSI)?

Does FreeBSD support any of the DVD MPEG-2 decoder cards?

If so, what brands/models of DVD drives and decoder cards are supported, and
where do I find the drivers for them?  I didn't find anything in the Handbook,
Applications, or Ports - did I miss them?

If not, when does the FreeBSD team anticipate having the drivers in place
(e.g. version 3.2)?

Thanks in advance,
Larry Alan Smith
Beaverton, OR, USA

2. Please Help!

3. Solaris, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and UDF

4. Need Tick&Tip to buy EDO ram

5. dvd-rom support?

6. Screen savers on UNIX

7. Need a recomendations for Supported DVD-ROM and CD-RW in Redhat Distributions

8. Clock sync

9. DVD-ROM drive support?

10. DVD-ROM drive support ?

11. Can Linux support DVD-ROM drives ?