Casio digital camera??

Post by Byron A Je » Mon, 01 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Posted and Mailed.

Quote:>I have a Casio QV11 digital camera.  I was wondering if anyone
>out in linux land has written software to upload picture
>from this to linux?  The camera seems to work on the same
>principal as a scanner.  It interfaces with the serial port.
>I would be quite interest in software that does this.

Check out this URL:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~XG2K-HYS/index-e.html

BAJ

--
Another random extraction from the mental bit stream of...
Byron A. Jeff - PhD student operating in parallel - And Using Linux!

Casio digital camera??

Post by Stas » Tue, 02 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>I have a Casio QV11 digital camera.  I was wondering if anyone
>out in linux land has written software to upload picture
>from this to linux?

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~xg2k-hys/index-e.html

Remember that this will be using serial port I/O. You will have to
run the camera program as root. One way to do that is by using setuid.

Edward

1. Casio Digital Cameras?

Is there anyone using any of the Casio digital cameras
with Linux such as the QV-100?

I ftp'ed some software from a Japanese site, that I read
of in one of the Linux newsgroups, and compiled it.

That's about as far as I could go. I've hooked the camera
up to the COM1 (/dev/cua0) serial port but could get no
communication between the camera and my PC.

The README and text files have all sorts of apparant junk
charactors that lead me to believe that the instructions
are in Kanji. I'm lost.

Can anyone make a suggestion?

Many thanks,
Edward

2. How do I do this?

3. Casio Digital Camera fs

4. Get (buy) some products

5. New Casio Digital Camera......$175

6. HACMP 4.3 questions

7. wanted: casio digital camera software

8. Linux is Super!!

9. Casio 2000UX Digital Camera and Linux

10. SCSI driver/software for Casio QV10-A digital camera ?

11. USB Support for Casio QV Digital Still Cameras, kernel 2.4.2-ac20

12. CASIO QV-100 digital camera

13. Casio QV-10A Digital Camera