Linux Col 2.2 and Multiport PCCOM 8 board

Linux Col 2.2 and Multiport PCCOM 8 board

Post by Massimiliano Ner » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00

PROBLEM:

I hope you'll send me some informations about caldera openlinux 2.2 system.
I can't to assign each door to tty create when I install a multiport PCCOM 8
board, when I use the
setserial /dev/ttyS4 irq 5 port 0x0280 autoconfig the program send me this
message: /dev/ttyS4: no such device, although the devices tty from 4 to 11
are created with makedev command.
Do I need to recompile kernel?
Why doesn't getty command in caldera openlinux 2.2 run correctly with
terminals?
Why do terminals run if I replace it with another getty (getty 2.0.7j)?

I wait for your fast answer.

Thank you.

1. Linux COL & multiport cards

I have to install a multiport card on Caldera Linux 1.2  (2.0.33) ,
(PC : Siemens Primergy 060 with 64Mb)

the first i tried was Specialix SI with 8 ports, i got driver from
sunsite.unc.edu, installed and compiled the kernel, but booting the
system i got this error:
"Card Ram faild at location 0x0. Wrote 0x0, read 0xfe"
the card was set to 0x0d0000 address

then i tried the equinox SST-4I using the driver on Equinox CD-Rom.
The installation phase it's ok, the ssdiag utility found the card, but
when i try to use a port with some application (ssdiag too) i got
kernel panic.

Is there anyone that was able to install, configure and use one of the
above multiport cards ?

thanks!

2. Anyone using HP 6350 Scanner (SCSI/USB with ADF)?

3. high speed serial boards (was Re: Multiport serial boards)

4. slow disk reads using novell nfs

5. Boca Board Multiport Serial Board

6. tc and PRIOMAP not working

7. USR 56k Int Voice/Faxmodem and COL 2.2

8. Unix SVR4.2/Hp-Ux Are they at all similiar?

9. Lost var dirs with COL 2.2

10. SB 16 in COL 2.2

11. ssh1 & ssh2 won't build under COL 2.2

12. where I can find libcrypt.a in COL 2.2

13. COL 2.2 Modem