Hitachi CM2073A Fixed Frequency Monitor

Post by Lawrence R. Elso » Mon, 18 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a fixed frequency CM2073A Hitachi 19 inch monitor which I am
considering using with my 133 mhz PCI bus pentium.

Has anyone done this? If so, how?

Do I need a special fixed frequency video card or just an adapter cable
to connect with the four bnc connectors?

I have only seen the monitor when it was in text mode. The text looked
good, but only covered about half of the screen. How does it look
running X?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Larry Elson

Hitachi CM2073A Fixed Frequency Monitor

Post by Hartmut Niema » Tue, 19 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I have a fixed frequency CM2073A Hitachi 19 inch monitor which I am
>considering using with my 133 mhz PCI bus pentium.
>Has anyone done this? If so, how?
>Do I need a special fixed frequency video card or just an adapter cable
>to connect with the four bnc connectors?
>I have only seen the monitor when it was in text mode. The text looked
>good, but only covered about half of the screen. How does it look
>running X?
>Any advice would be appreciated.
>Thank you.
>Larry Elson

This has been done a lot of times, for different monitors.
What video card do you have?
All S3-based cards support setting almost arbitrary timing, I don't know
about others.

You need to know the hirizontal and vertical frequency of your monitor
and calculate an  XFree modeline for this monitor.
I read that this modeline can used by a package called SVGATextmode for
setting up console mode too.
(Maybe somebody can provide you with a mode line.)

If the hitatchi needs seperate sync signals, you are fine, but if it needs
sync-on-green (or comnposite sync) and your video does not support it,
search archie on "+sync +green" and find the Sync-on-Green faq with many
hints for many different monitors.
(or mail me)

Hartmut
--

1. Hitachi Fixed Frequency Monitor modeline (SVGATextMode)

FWIW I found a modeline that works. turns out the hsync was 76kHz.

    Mode "1280x1024"
        DotClock 127.48
        HTimings 1280 1296 1424 1676
        VTimings 1024 1028 1032 1060
    EndMode

Now, I can't get SVGATextmode to work. It doesn't allow the same
modeline because 1060 > 1024. In DoubleScan mode, I get a good picture
vertically, but horizontally it's messed up - a couple of columns and
weird overlap etc. If I take it down to 80, 100 or whatever characters
(and get the text pixel clock below 70) it still does the same thing.

--
YAAH! DEATH TO OATMEAL!
    -- Calvin

2. Problems with setting up Iptables

3. Hitachi Fixed Frequency Monitor modeline

4. Login without Password

5. Hitachi Fixed Frequency Monitor

6. Linux and NexGen/Cyrix chips

7. Fixed Frequency Monitors?

8. No child Processes!

9. Seting up video for a fixed frequency monitor

10. How do you set up Xfree86 for Fixed Frequency Monitors

11. fixed frequency monitor

12. Multimonitor w/ fixed-frequency monitor.

13. Fixed Frequency Monitor - Success!