Checking SGI serial number

Post by Marcin Orlowsk » Tue, 01 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I got an offer for SGI used machine. I'd be interested in
purchasing it, however low price makes me wonder if it's
not stolen. The question is how can I verify the machine serial
number being printed on back label? I know that it's stored
somewhere in NV Ram but I don't know how to read it from there.
If anyone can help me, please e-mail me at:

Thanks in advance,

Marcin

Checking SGI serial number

Post by .oO| Spaceman Spiff |O » Wed, 02 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>Hi,

>I got an offer for SGI used machine. I'd be interested in
>purchasing it, however low price makes me wonder if it's
>not stolen. The question is how can I verify the machine serial
>number being printed on back label? I know that it's stored
>somewhere in NV Ram but I don't know how to read it from there.
>If anyone can help me, please e-mail me at:

>Thanks in advance,

>Marcin

The command you are looking for is 'sysinfo'. The value reported by sysinfo
isthe same as the serial number only for 4D-RPCs (Indigos) and newer. I don't
think it is the same for PIs.

   ____________/\________,_____,_______/\________/\
   \          /   ___   /    ____       /         /
  B/    ___  /     ./  /     /    __.__/    __.__/
 R/\___    \/    _____/     /   ___/  /   ___/      sPACEMAN sPIFF

!\________/______\  /_____/_____\   /_____\

1. Checking SGI serial number

Hi,

I got an offer for SGI used machine. I'd be interested in
purchasing it, however low price makes me wonder if it's
not stolen. The question is how can I verify the machine serial
number being printed on back label? I know that it's stored
somewhere in NV Ram but I don't know how to read it from there.
If anyone can help me, please e-mail me at:

Thanks in advance,

Marcin

2. SUCCESS! Hats off to Matrox and Adaptec !

3. SGI audio/video syncrony check & serial i/o control

4. chatting progs

5. SGI serial number

6. Trying to use OO-Browser with Objective-C program. Can you give me a hint?

7. SGI Serial Numbers From Software

8. missing values analysis

9. Serial Number on SGI

10. Niffy serial number utility. Was: Retrieving serial number on-line?

11. Serial number error on Challenge L

12. ONYX serial number

13. indy serial numbers