GDM-17E21 monitor

Post by MrTo » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 04:00:00

i've been offered one of these monitors at what seems a good price for a 17"
monitor (cheaper than any other 17" i can get) and was wondering if anyone
has one and knows the exact specs as i can't find any on the 'net.

i'll be using it with a peecee, so i can get some higher resolutions for
exceed so the sgi gui doesn't look so "big" =)

basically i need to know if it is multiscan and if it will go as low as
640x480 (in case i need to) and as high as 1600x1280. also am i right in
thinkin that an HD15 connector is a standard svga connector thingy?

any thoughts on the product would be appreciated. thanks!

GDM-17E21 monitor

Post by I R A Darth Agg » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 04:00:00

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000 19:52:04 -0000,

+ basically i need to know if it is multiscan and if it will go as low as
+ 640x480 (in case i need to) and as high as 1600x1280.

It's a Sony trinitron. Sony's website is unhelpful. SGI wasn't
particularly helpful, either, as they don't claim the 17E21 as
one of their's. <url:http://www.sgi.com/peripherals/monitor.pdf>

+ also am i right in
+ thinkin that an HD15 connector is a standard svga connector thingy?

AFAIK, yep.

James
The Bill of Rights is paid in Responsibilities - Jean McGuire
To cure your perl CGI problems, please look at:
<url:http://www.perl.com/CPAN/doc/FAQs/cgi/idiots-guide.html>

GDM-17E21 monitor

Post by David G » Sun, 05 Nov 2000 12:51:14

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000 19:52:04 -0000, "MrTom"

>i've been offered one of these monitors at what seems a good price for a 17"
>monitor (cheaper than any other 17" i can get) and was wondering if anyone
>has one and knows the exact specs as i can't find any on the 'net.

>i'll be using it with a peecee, so i can get some higher resolutions for
>exceed so the sgi gui doesn't look so "big" =)

>basically i need to know if it is multiscan and if it will go as low as
>640x480 (in case i need to) and as high as 1600x1280. also am i right in
>thinkin that an HD15 connector is a standard svga connector thingy?

>any thoughts on the product would be appreciated. thanks!

This may help:

 http://www.veryComputer.com/

-Dave
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
d a v i d   g a y   d e v e l o p m e n t
http://www.veryComputer.com/
the sgi *
http://www.veryComputer.com/*

GDM-17E21 monitor

Post by Ralf Beye » Sun, 05 Nov 2000 04:00:00

MrTom schrieb:

Quote:

> i've been offered one of these monitors at what seems a good price for a 17"
> monitor (cheaper than any other 17" i can get) and was wondering if anyone
> has one and knows the exact specs as i can't find any on the 'net.

> i'll be using it with a peecee, so i can get some higher resolutions for
> exceed so the sgi gui doesn't look so "big" =)

> basically i need to know if it is multiscan and if it will go as low as
> 640x480 (in case i need to) and as high as 1600x1280. also am i right in
> thinkin that an HD15 connector is a standard svga connector thingy?

> any thoughts on the product would be appreciated. thanks!

Manufacturer:           Sony
Size:                   17
Model:                  GDM-17E21
SGI Part No.:           061-0010-001
Resolution:             1280x1024
Vertical Scan:          48-160 Hz
Horizontal Scan:        30-85kHz
Stereo:                 Yes
Termination:            Permanently terminated input
Loop:                   Not loop through capable
Input:                  HD-15 Video Graphics Adapter (VGA) connector.
                        This is a 15 pin connector where there are
                        three rows of 5 contacts. Not to be confused
                        with a DB-15 that has two rows - one row with
                        8 contacts, the other with 7 contacts.

                        RGBHV separate individual BNC connectors for
                        Red, Green, Blue, Horizontal (if present),
                        Vertical (if present). The horizontal connector
                        (if present) will usually take a composite H/V
                        sync instead of separate sync signals.
Monitor Configuration:  System communicates with monitor via I2C bus

Regards
Ralf Beyer
--

1. FS: GDM-17E21 Monitors - NEW -

We have several of these monitors available.  They are unused except for
some testing and will be custom-packed in new cartons.

Granite exteriors, 5-BNC and SUB-D15 miniature video input connectors.

We are asking $675.00 each for these monitors, but will deal if you need
more than one.  We will ship to you on a COD basis but are not set-up
for credit card payments.

Contact me if you are interested.

Tony Mazzi
TAME, Inc.

2. Select unique nodes with key

3. SGI Indy and GDM 17E21 monitor problems

4. Automatic resizing of a view inside a dialog. (TP7)

5. FS: GDM-17E21 - NEW -

6. using DSL internet access with Win 2000

7. GDM-17E21 in Stereo on ONYX2

8. Where to Buy: HDB15 to HDB15 Cable for O2 to GDM-17E21

9. WTB: SGI GDM-17E21

10. GDM-17E21 & O2

11. FS:GDM 17E21 CRT's