Parallel Port Zip Drive?

Post by Scott Amedur » Fri, 28 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have seen lots of info here about using SCSI Zip drives on an O2,
but I don't know if anyone has posed this question (before I purchase
a Zip):
        Can I use a parallel port Zip drive with an O2?

I don't want to get a SCSI because I want to use the drive with my
laptop (non-SCSI), and I just want the drive for arcival needs.
Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Ameduri
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Department of Radiation Oncology

Parallel Port Zip Drive?

:
:I don't want to get a SCSI because I want to use the drive with my
:laptop (non-SCSI), and I just want the drive for arcival needs.
:Any information would be appreciated.

Like it says in the FAQ, http://www-viz.tamu.edu/~sgi-faq/ --

        NO.

The parallel port drivers are the problem. (On earlier SGI machines,
the parallel ports themselves were the problem.)