Netscape 2.01S 'Missing Post reply data'

Netscape 2.01S 'Missing Post reply data'

Post by Myche McAule » Fri, 28 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hello SGI Aficionados (yes...I had to look up the spelling ;-)

I have a (hopefully) very simple question about SGI's Netscape 2.01S:

It seems that whenever I receive output from a POST operation the page
renders just fine but the cache doesn't maintain the document.  If I
travel an additional page and try to return with the 'Back' button, I
will simply get:

  <TITLE>Missing Post reply data</TITLE>
  <H1>Data Missing</H1>
  This document resulted from a POST operation and has expired from the
  cache.  If you wish you can repost the form data to recreate the
  document by pressing the <b>reload</b> button.

Now, I can see this being done by the binary:
  (strings `which netscape` | egrep 'Missing Post' )

but I am unable to discover what *causes* this condition to happen.  I
am even more puzzled in that other versions of Netscape (Solaris 2.01)
don't exhibit this behavior and have identical settings vis-a-vis
caches, etc...

Any ideas where I might look further?

Thank you for your time.

Myche McAuley

--

Jet Propulsion Laboratory               Voice: (818) 354-7974
4800 Oak Grove Drive MS 168-514

1. Netscape: 'ns-setup' missing!?

I have a Challenge S WebForce server with Netscape 1.12 Communication server.
Currently I am attempting to setup IP aliasing for virtual serving. Upon
installing patch797 and reading the relnotes I am stuck on setting up
Netscape to listen to multiple IP's. I don't have ns-setup! It's not on
the CD, not installed. How else can I set this up?

                                Ross Lipenta

2. Style Sheets

3. Netscape Mail won't REPLY but will send NEW messages!?!?!?

4. Infinium AS/400 users - PL and EX question

5. SGI-FreeWare ImageMagick missing 'mpeg'?

6. Setting up datarelations

7. Dmedia Library/ missing function 'getOutMovieName'

8. Copying existing local profile to local damin profile

9. Dmedia Examples/Missing function 'getOutMovieName'

10. How to Resize 'fs data' in osview

11. Archive 'table of contents missing'??

12. Missing file 'xpm.h'.

13. Missing 'cdromd'