GDM-17E21 in Stereo on ONYX2

Post by marcer.. » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I am using a ONYX2 with a 24"-Monitor (GDM-90w11)
to run my stereo-applications.

As a control monitor I now wanted to additionally
drive my old 17" GDM-17E21 on the second channel.
Unfortunately, I can't get this small monitor to
display stereo (regular display is fine).

I tried all video format combinations availabe
and build new once using ircombine. Does this
small monitor just not support the stereo modes
from the newer ONYX2 machine, or am I missing
something?

Marc

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

GDM-17E21 in Stereo on ONYX2

Post by Eric Kun » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

  You should use the *20e21s.vfo stereo formats for the 17" monitor.  Those
  monitors don't like some of the things we do with the stereo video
  format to genlock multiple stereo systems together.  The 20E21 formats
  are simpler versions that the 17E21 monitor should like.  You'll have to
  use ircombine to create combinations with these formats.

  Eric

--
Eric Kunze

GDM-17E21 in Stereo on ONYX2

Post by m.. » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thanks. Non of the existing *20e21.vof formats work. So do I have to
create
my own formats using "vfc" (is it worth going into that trouble) or do I
have to buy a new monitor? Would an 21" monitor work easier?

Marc

>   You should use the *20e21s.vfo stereo formats for the 17" monitor.
Those
>   monitors don't like some of the things we do with the stereo video
>   format to genlock multiple stereo systems together.  The 20E21
formats
>   are simpler versions that the 17E21 monitor should like.  You'll
have to
>   use ircombine to create combinations with these formats.

>   Eric

> >Hi,

> >I am using a ONYX2 with a 24"-Monitor (GDM-90w11)
> >to run my stereo-applications.

> >As a control monitor I now wanted to additionally
> >drive my old 17" GDM-17E21 on the second channel.
> >Unfortunately, I can't get this small monitor to
> >display stereo (regular display is fine).

> >I tried all video format combinations availabe
> >and build new once using ircombine. Does this
> >small monitor just not support the stereo modes
> >from the newer ONYX2 machine, or am I missing
> >something?

> >Marc

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

> --
> Eric Kunze

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

GDM-17E21 in Stereo on ONYX2

Post by Douglas V. Mashe » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

This is kindof off the subject, but does the 24" support 1024x768
stereo?
I know that the 4011P does.

Thanks,
Doug

--

Mashek Consulting Corp.         www:   http://www.mashek.com
16329 Kenyon St. NE             phone: 612-434-4998

GDM-17E21 in Stereo on ONYX2

Post by Ben Canno » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi Doug, you mean suny to it?  THe answer is yes, it'll not fill t
he 16:10 aspect ration (at least, not wiht square pixels)

But the monitor will have no problems whatsoever sync-ing
those frequencies.

Best!
Ben.

> Hi,

> This is kindof off the subject, but does the 24" support 1024x768
> stereo?
> I know that the 4011P does.

> Thanks,
> Doug

> > Hi,

> > I am using a ONYX2 with a 24"-Monitor (GDM-90w11)
> > to run my stereo-applications.

> > As a control monitor I now wanted to additionally
> > drive my old 17" GDM-17E21 on the second channel.
> > Unfortunately, I can't get this small monitor to
> > display stereo (regular display is fine).

> > I tried all video format combinations availabe
> > and build new once using ircombine. Does this
> > small monitor just not support the stereo modes
> > from the newer ONYX2 machine, or am I missing
> > something?

> > Marc

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> --

> Mashek Consulting Corp.         www:   http://www.mashek.com
> 16329 Kenyon St. NE             phone: 612-434-4998
> Ham Lake, MN 55304              fax:   612-434-5512

--
  Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives
                -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

  Ben Cannon
  Cartsys -- http://www.cartsys.com/ben/
--

1. FS: GDM-17E21 Monitors - NEW -

We have several of these monitors available.  They are unused except for
some testing and will be custom-packed in new cartons.

Granite exteriors, 5-BNC and SUB-D15 miniature video input connectors.

We are asking $675.00 each for these monitors, but will deal if you need
more than one.  We will ship to you on a COD basis but are not set-up
for credit card payments.

Contact me if you are interested.

Tony Mazzi
TAME, Inc.

2. CitiStreet & Money 2006

3. FS: GDM-17E21 - NEW -

4. template<>-Trouble

5. Where to Buy: HDB15 to HDB15 Cable for O2 to GDM-17E21

6. WordPerfect Reader Wanted

7. WTB: SGI GDM-17E21

8. New COM 4.04 refrsh

9. GDM-17E21 monitor