SGI INDY IRIX 6.2 HELP HELP HELP

Post by PLAC » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

MY INDY has collapsed on me.....I somehow trashed the usr/bin, I reloaded 6.2
but it won;t install completely "ERROR IN KERNEL CONFIG ...autoconfig cannot
/var/sysgen/root/usr/bin/cc"
can anyone give me advice on what to do?????????HELP

Post by Scott Henr » Fri, 13 Mar 1998 04:00:00

P> MY INDY has collapsed on me.....I somehow trashed the usr/bin, I reloaded 6.2
P> but it won;t install completely "ERROR IN KERNEL CONFIG ...autoconfig cannot
P> /var/sysgen/root/usr/bin/cc"
P> can anyone give me advice on what to do?????????HELP

That message sounds truncated... It sounds like a lot more was
trashed, and you didn't actually reinstall everything.
var/sysgen/root/usr/bin/cc is in the compiler_eoe.sw.lboot
subsystem.

I'd retry loading the software (from miniroot, if necessary), and at
the inst> prompt:

inst> install required
inst> install same
inst> go

ought to get you fixed back up. You will need to do this
(potentially) for all the CDs that you have.

You can speed up the install by:

inst> set install_identical_files off

before you type go. That's assuming that files are only missing. If
they are corrupted, then some kinds of corruption can keep the size
and checksum the same, and the new version won't get installed...

--

 IRIX MTS,                   /  GIGO *really* means: Garbage in, Gospel Out
 Silicon Graphics, Inc      /  http://reality.sgi.com/scotth/

1. newbie aquired Indy running IRIX 6.2 needs help

I just aquired an SGI Indy box running IRIX 6.2 and when it boots it
goes through a series of dumps. Once the dumps are finished it says
' [PRESS reset to ReStart the machine] '

where is the 'reset' button?

sounds silly but the only buttons I see are the power on/off and two
others, one up arrow and one down arrow. None of which are labeled.

what are the arrow buttons used for?

2. Titling on PSR 540 & wrong drum sounds on QY70

3. Installing Irix 6.2 On Indy Newbie help?

4. Please, help me!

5. Irix 6.2 on an INDY DNS Help

6. Expansion/Mezzanine Bus Information

7. Indy, IRIX 6.2 & Networking HELP!

8. Recovering Stacked DATA

9. Indy/IRIX 6.2/Netscape Server HELP

10. Indy / Irix 6.2 Hangs - Help

11. POSIX threads on IRIX 6.2 Indy - HELP !

12. help help help - system dead