Can I control the Audio in SGI from other system ??

Can I control the Audio in SGI from other system ??

Post by Hyuckje Wo » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi~ there..

I'm using IRIX 6.2.
I wanna control the volume of Audio remotely from other computer..
I mean after I connect to SGI machine by telnet from a PC, I can execute
'l3dec' command to listen the music for the mp3 file format. but I can't
control the volume of that music..  That's the problem..

Is there any unix command to control the volume of system remotely ???
If I can control the volume by typing any command on the shell like
winterm,  that can make me control the volume remotely..

If there is a person who know the way to solve this problem, please
answer to me.. !!!!

Thanks in advance..

 Take care~~  Bye.

                     - Hyuckje Woo -

Post by Hendrik te Winke » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Hi~ there..

> I'm using IRIX 6.2.
> I wanna control the volume of Audio remotely from other computer..

apanel -nodisplay

See man apanel for all options.

Hendrik
--
Have you noticed that all you need to grow healthy, vigorous grass is a
crack in your sidewalk?

1. Digital Audio Card DA1100 540 Audio control panel won't open!

Anybody have the same problem? After installing the driver for the card, and
trying to open (digital audio control panel) a error message pops up:

The procedure entry point dmVideoSetJackControl could not be located in the
dynamic link library sgimedia.dll

Anybody know any remedies to this problem..

Mucho thanks

Kitsu

2. Asymmetric Support, round 2

3. SGI audio/video syncrony check & serial i/o control

4. IBuySpy Delivery problem

5. Wanted : Version Control System for SGI ( RCS, SCCS or CVS) where

6. How big is Perforce? (the company)

7. Audio volume control on an O2

8. 3rd parth IDE drive for Ultra 5???

9. How To Control Audio

10. Byu SGI Octane2, SGI Indigo2 High Impact 10000 and others...

11. Indigo2 digital audio volume control

12. Audio Control - setting volume at log-in

13. Sampling an analog signal from the audio to control graphics...