Help needed with Indigo power-on diagnostics problem

Help needed with Indigo power-on diagnostics problem

Post by Ralf Beye » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

        I just got my old Indigo 'started' for the first time and recieved a
        * message during power-on diagnostics.

        SCSI device/cable diagnostics *FAILED*
          Check or replace disk, floppy, CDROM, or SCSI cable

        Is this as serious as I think? I this a harddrive crash? Will I need a
        new system disk? I have removed and reinserted both disk and floppy
        units but it didn't make any difference.

        /Bjrn

Is the SCSI terminating resistor installed ?
May be bad ...

Remove all drives/floppys, insert only the
system disk at the lowest bay, and try again ...

German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.

1. Help needed with Indigo power-on diagnostics problem

Hi

I just got my old Indigo 'started' for the first time and recieved a
nasty message during power-on diagnostics.

SCSI device/cable diagnostics *FAILED*
  Check or replace disk, floppy, CDROM, or SCSI cable

Is this as serious as I think? I this a harddrive crash? Will I need a
new system disk? I have removed and reinserted both disk and floppy
units but it didn't make any difference.

/Bj?rn

2. Screensavers for OS/2

3. Need help with strange "f77" (SGI) error diagnostic.

4. Direct3D Viewer - can it view textures?

5. Need docs on (Power) Challenge M, Power Indigo 2

6. After Dark module for PPC

7. Help! help with diagnostics!

8. How to set up smtp-auth for multiple accounts on the same outgoing ISP mail server?

9. Need help resurrecting an R3K Iris Indigo (need IRIX 5.3 CD).

10. Need Help Bad!!!! Indigo Entry Networking Problem

11. need help with O2 power supply

12. Need extra SCSI board for Power Indigo