PCI Digital Audio Option Board

Post by Super-Use » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I installed a digital audio option board today on my R5000 O2
workstation.I followed the installation instructions as given.
But while I am trying to verify the installation by typing 'hinv'
at the prompt the system doesn't recognize the board and says
Unknown Type PCI: slot 3, vendor id 0x10a9, device id 0x5
   No driver
Can someone tell me what this means and what I should do about it..
I have also installed the softwatre that came with it.
Thanks,
eswar

Post by Alexis Cousei » Wed, 23 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I installed a digital audio option board today on my R5000 O2
> workstation.I followed the installation instructions as given.
> But while I am trying to verify the installation by typing 'hinv'
> at the prompt the system doesn't recognize the board and says
> Unknown Type PCI: slot 3, vendor id 0x10a9, device id 0x5
>    No driver

It means the driver software is not yet installed, or it's installed but
you haven't rebooted yet and the kernel isn't up to date (autoconfig -v
-f and reboot).

Or it could be the wrong card ;{.
--
Alexis Cousein
Sales Support Engineer

1. PCI Digital Audio Board for IRIX 6.3

Hi !!

I am having trouble installing the PCI Audio board on O2 SGI. The
installation s/w in the "Coustomize Insatllation" shows confilicts on
selecting the products.

The conflicts appear as " Patch patchSG00002112.eoe_sw.unix(IRIX
Execution Environment) does not have base subsystem eoe.sw.unix.version
1253422538 to 1259999900 installed"

Similarly the other subproducts have the conflicts. (same base system
problem !!) Hence no sub-product is getting installed.

Our configuration is ;

Model O2 (SGI)
OS ; IRIX 6.3
CPU MIPS R500 rev 2.1

Also,

with "hinv" #prompt invocation the required display of "Iris Audio
Processor : version RAD rev 12.0, number 1" is not there. Instead it
shows "Iris Audio Processor: version A3 revision 0".

Also, It shows "Unknown Type PCI: slot 3, vendor id 0x10a9, device id
0x5       No driver".

We have tried autoconfig -v -f to make sure the kernel is uptodate and
also rebooted the system. Nothing comes up.

Any tips or suggestions solicted.

Thanks in advance.

--- Eswar, University of Iowa, Iowacity
---- FAX : 319-335-6028
---- VOICE : 319-354-1793

2. PowerVR Drivers

3. PCI Digital Option Board

4. How to view logical values as checkboxes values??

5. WTB: PCI-AUD-8 (PCI digital audio card for O2)

6. Money 2005 - how to display full account number in account list?

7. WTB: O2 PCI audio board, Carbon, AV1 board

8. Visual Basic calling MDL.

9. PCI 8 channel digital audio card

10. FA: SGI O2 R10K w/analog video & digital audio options + MIDI

11. WTB: Digital Audio Option for O2

12. WTD: O2 digital audio option.