PCI Digital Audio Board for IRIX 6.3

Post by Eswar.D.Velur » Wed, 23 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi !!

I am having trouble installing the PCI Audio board on O2 SGI. The
installation s/w in the "Coustomize Insatllation" shows confilicts on
selecting the products.

The conflicts appear as " Patch patchSG00002112.eoe_sw.unix(IRIX
Execution Environment) does not have base subsystem eoe.sw.unix.version
1253422538 to 1259999900 installed"

Similarly the other subproducts have the conflicts. (same base system
problem !!) Hence no sub-product is getting installed.

Our configuration is ;

Model O2 (SGI)
OS ; IRIX 6.3
CPU MIPS R500 rev 2.1

Also,

with "hinv" #prompt invocation the required display of "Iris Audio
Processor : version RAD rev 12.0, number 1" is not there. Instead it
shows "Iris Audio Processor: version A3 revision 0".

Also, It shows "Unknown Type PCI: slot 3, vendor id 0x10a9, device id
0x5       No driver".

We have tried autoconfig -v -f to make sure the kernel is uptodate and
also rebooted the system. Nothing comes up.

Any tips or suggestions solicted.

Thanks in advance.

--- Eswar, University of Iowa, Iowacity
---- FAX : 319-335-6028
---- VOICE : 319-354-1793

Post by Alexis Cousei » Thu, 24 Jul 1997 04:00:00

> Hi !!

> I am having trouble installing the PCI Audio board on O2 SGI. The
> installation s/w in the "Coustomize Insatllation" shows confilicts on
> selecting the products.

> The conflicts appear as " Patch patchSG00002112.eoe_sw.unix(IRIX
> Execution Environment) does not have base subsystem eoe.sw.unix.version
> 1253422538 to 1259999900 installed"

Means it's the old unsupported 6.3 flavour that's installed.

--
Alexis Cousein
Sales Support Engineer

:
:The conflicts appear as " Patch patchSG00002112.eoe_sw.unix(IRIX
:Execution Environment) does not have base subsystem eoe.sw.unix.version
:1253422538 to 1259999900 installed"
:
:Similarly the other subproducts have the conflicts. (same base system
:problem !!) Hence no sub-product is getting installed.

You do not have "IRIX 6.3 for R10K O2" installed. You need to
upgrade your version of IRIX. Yes, even if you only have an R5000 O2
you need to install the newer version of IRIX 6.3: the name is
misleading, it's a mandatory upgrade.

:with "hinv" #prompt invocation the required display of "Iris Audio
:Processor : version RAD rev 12.0, number 1" is not there. Instead it
:shows "Iris Audio Processor: version A3 revision 0".

Our O2 shows the version A3 as well.

:Also, It shows "Unknown Type PCI: slot 3, vendor id 0x10a9, device id
:0x5       No driver".

Upgrade your version of IRIX.

1. PCI Digital Audio Option Board

Hi,
I installed a digital audio option board today on my R5000 O2
workstation.I followed the installation instructions as given.
But while I am trying to verify the installation by typing 'hinv'
at the prompt the system doesn't recognize the board and says
Unknown Type PCI: slot 3, vendor id 0x10a9, device id 0x5
   No driver
Can someone tell me what this means and what I should do about it..
I have also installed the softwatre that came with it.
Thanks,
eswar

2. Borland Pascal TButton Paint Procedure

3. WTB: PCI-AUD-8 (PCI digital audio card for O2)

4. Mail-order for computer products(esp. scanners)

5. WTB: O2 PCI audio board, Carbon, AV1 board

6. looking for voice recognition techniques/reference

7. PCI 8 channel digital audio card

8. PCI Digital Option Board

9. Q: SGI digital audio board AES-3id connection

10. O2 - PCI Audio board ?

11. Non-SGI PCI ethernet card for Origin200 supported by Irix 6.3?

12. Looking for PCI audio board