O2 control Sony VCR?

Post by jaso » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have an O2 and a Sony S-VHS VCR. What I would like to do is have the
O2 control the
VCR through its serial port into the "Control-L" (LANC) stereo sub-mini
port of the VCR.
I am using A|W Composer software as the UI. I have a little experience
in electronics, so I
wouldn't mind building the cable. Does anyone know more about this??

Thanks,
Jason.

1. How to remote control a DVW-500 SONY VTR?

Hi,

        I am trying to control a Sony DVW-500 VTR remotely within a
software using
the REMOTE-1 serial control system from the serial port of a CRIMSON.
I plugged a serial cable from port No. 4 (TTY 4) of the CRIMSON to the
REMOTE-1(IN) serial
port of the VTR, and tried to send command using the REMOTE-1 PROTOCOL.
The VTR never respond to any of my command and I cant read anything from
the serial port. Do I
need to make any special setting to the VTR for this to work?

Has anyone done something similar?

Thank you,

==============================

2. Plotter Config in Configs

3. FS: V-LAN Transceiver for VTR control of Sony 422 protocol

4. help, I need a rope truetype font

5. Direct control of Sony monitor

6. FP 2000 vs FP 2002 newbie

7. Remote control from Onyx to 1inch Sony videorecorder

8. cant login to earthlink with my 3com isdn modem!!

9. sony remote control

10. O2 video out to VCR?

11. Controlling Modem-Control Signals on Serial Port?

12. video panel controls on O2

13. O2 serial flow control