Changing the sync rate of Indigo?

Post by Greg Mille » Sat, 04 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi there:
I've got a 17" NeXT monitor (13w3) that I want to use on an Indigo that
moves from place to place. I know this monitor can run at 1280x1024. The
connections are all made and everything is working except for the fact
that the NeXT is not multisync - so there is flickering and double
images everywhere - though it is recognizable enough to mouse around and
use the command line. Is it possible to change the sync rate on this
box? I really don't want to cart around one of our 21" SGI monitors! :-)

Quote:>1 100 MHZ IP20 Processor

--
Regards...
Greg Miller

Cyan Digital Media Corporation
#201-733 Broadway Avenue           Saskatoon, SK  CANADA  S7N 1B3
TEL: 306.955.9204                          FAX: 306.955.9205

Post by Chris Seel » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

|>> Hi there:
|>> I've got a 17" NeXT monitor (13w3) that I want to use on an Indigo
|>that
|>> moves from place to place. I know this monitor can run at 1280x1024.
|>The
|>> connections are all made and everything is working except for the fact
|>> that the NeXT is not multisync - so there is flickering and double
|>> images everywhere - though it is recognizable enough to mouse around
|>and
|>> use the command line. Is it possible to change the sync rate on this
|>> box? I really don't want to cart around one of our 21" SGI monitors!
|>:-)
|>
|>Look at the man page for setmon. You probably just have to change from
|>72Hz to 60Hz (...or the other way around, depends on the current
|>settings).

Or if your not so lucky then you'll find that you monitor requires component
sync and your indigo only has sync on green or composite. I dont know what
sync signals a GR2-XS24 produces, but you need to make sure your monitor can
accept what it does produce. Also the wiring of sync signals on 13w3
connectors isn't standard (even among different SGIs), so you may have
problems there too.

You probably need to have a good look in the manuals of both your indigo
and the monitor.

Chris

----
Chris Seelig                     Phone: +44 1235 446234
Department for Computation       Fax  : +44 1235 445727

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory   WWW  : http://www.cis.rl.ac.uk/
Chilton,
Didcot,
Oxfordshire,