help for the installation

Post by Greta J » Tue, 05 Oct 1993 03:06:02

I am new an user of SiliconGraphics Workstation.  I need to install NFS
from the CD.
My question:
1. Do I have to go to Miniroot to install NFS?
2. I used   list *nfs*  command to install NFS  after inst prompt, and
got error message:
    maint_nfs_nfs_man.nfs  can't install because the base subsystem isn't
installed.
    maint_nfs_nfs_man.relnotes  can't install because the base subsystem
isn't installed.
    What is base subsystem of NFS?  How can I install it before I install
NFS?
    I used help required to get more information, but I still do not know
what I should do.
3. Is there any short course or workshop I can take to learn more about
SiliconGraphics?
Any information will be appreciated.

Computer Services
Colby College

help for the installation

Post by Dave Ols » Tue, 05 Oct 1993 09:10:12

| I am new an user of SiliconGraphics Workstation.  I need to install NFS
| from the CD.
| My question:
| 1. Do I have to go to Miniroot to install NFS?

Yes.

| 2. I used   list *nfs*  command to install NFS  after inst prompt, and
| got error message:
|     What is base subsystem of NFS?  How can I install it before I install
| NFS?
|     I used help required to get more information, but I still do not know
| what I should do.

You can't install maint* stuff until after the base product is installed.
Thus for maint_nfs, you must install nfs first (the first part after
the maint_ is the base product, by convention.  So install nfs first,
and then maint_nfs.

| 3. Is there any short course or workshop I can take to learn more about
| SiliconGraphics?

There are a number of courses offered in various locations by
the Customer Education part of Customer Support.  Contact your
local support folks for more info.
--

The most beautiful things in the world are              |   Dave Olson
those from which all excess weight has been             |   Silicon Graphics

1. Need help with transcript installation

Hi,

I am attempting to install transcript V 3.0 on a SGI
Crimson.  I am unable to go past the buildprogs.sh
phase.  I get the following error in pscomm.c:

accom: Error: pscomm.c, line 1387: TIOCSTART undefined
        if (ioctl(fdsend,   (    ('T'<<8) |12) , &flg) ||
               ioctl(fdsend, TIOCSTART, &flg))
       ----------------------------^
*** Error code 1

I looked into the termio.h in /usr/include/sys
directory, but couldn't find the definition for
TIOCSTART.  Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks,

-Gowri shankar

2. Linux Driver for 9 bit multidrop communication

3. HELP: IRIX 5.3 installation problem

4. Services in inetd.conf

5. Need help with remote installation of Irix 6.5 on Indigo2 R10, remote host PC Linux Slacware

6. CPC monitor aspect ratio (again)

7. Help with 5.2 Installation

8. Matlab GUI Question

9. Help with modem installation..

10. Need Help: IRIX 5.3 installation problem

11. Help with Patch installations

12. Need Help with CrystalEyes installation on VGX310

13. Help with application installation on NIS hosts