VTR control V-LAN

Post by Mondrag » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I want control over a Sony BVU-850 u-matic editor from a O2 SGI.
I have a Videomedia V-lan receiver for the 850 and the Mickey II controller.
I suppose that I can't work with this controller and the O2, but can I go to
control the 850 with the v-lan receiver and the O2?
I have Premiere and ComposerLite 4.5.
From Premiere I have control for capture via DQ-Timecoder (no operative)
but I want control from O2 as player for edit in 850.
The help in Composer no have indications for O2.
The IRIX is 6.5.1

Any help is very appreciable.

Isidoro Alvarez

VTR control V-LAN

Post by Alexis Cousei » Thu, 24 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Hi

> I want control over a Sony BVU-850 u-matic editor from a O2 SGI.
> I have a Videomedia V-lan receiver for the 850 and the Mickey II controller.
> I suppose that I can't work with this controller and the O2, but can I go to
> control the 850 with the v-lan receiver and the O2?

Yes, the O2 does include VLAN controller software (it's the `vlan'
product, and apropos vlan will give you some pointers. Not always
installed by default, though).

Whether the software you are running is using that usbsystem is another
matter, and I'm not that familiar, but most of the professional
softwares I've seen are capable of using VLAN, yes.

--
Alexis Cousein                  For Belgium:
Systems Engineer                Interested in our forthcoming