Parallel port Zip-100 on O2?

Post by Michael Cimilya » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:10:23

Hi All,

Thanks for everyone who responded to my "PCI slot on a O2" question.

Another question about the O2...I was wondering if it's possible to get
a Iomega Zip-100 (parallel port version) to work with an O2 running Irix
6.5?

From what I understand, there's no technical reason why it shouldn't
work but rather an issue of drivers. Is this accurate? Are there drivers
available?

I know that Iomega has Linux drivers but I'm not sure if they will work
on Irix.

Mike

Parallel port Zip-100 on O2?

Post by Michael Ric » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 02:22:32

> Hi All,

> Thanks for everyone who responded to my "PCI slot on a O2" question.

> Another question about the O2...I was wondering if it's possible to get
> a Iomega Zip-100 (parallel port version) to work with an O2 running Irix
> 6.5?

> From what I understand, there's no technical reason why it shouldn't
> work but rather an issue of drivers. Is this accurate? Are there drivers
> available?

> I know that Iomega has Linux drivers but I'm not sure if they will work
> on Irix.

> Mike

Yes IRIX 6.5 supports Iomega Zip 100.  However, I believe that the
driver only works with SCSI Zip drives.  Later versions of IRIX (> 6.5.9
I think) also support SCSI Zip 250.  I use SCSI Zip drives on my SGIs
and they work just fine.

Michael

1. How can I use my Zip Parallel Port drive on my O2?

    Hello,

    I urgently need to transfer files from my WinNT box to my O2. I'm having
some serious trouble with my network so I am unable to transfer files through
my network. I also don't have a modem connected to my O2, so ftp is not possible.
The only immediate solution I have is to use my slow Zip parallel port drive.
The drive is connected to my WinNT box and the zip disks are dos formatted.

    Can anyone tell me how I can get access to my Zip parallel port drive on
my O2? I specifically need to know what cable I need to hook up the drive to
the O2 since the O2 doesn't have a parallel port, but 2 serial ports.

Thanks,

- Tony

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the World's Discussions & Usenet

2. What is this file cchook.dll ?

3. Iomega Parallel port zip disk on Indigo2

4. Can you really be re-infected?

5. Parallel Port Zip Drive?

6. Need opinion on another approach to WSCST with CA95

7. ZIP Drive on parallel port?

8. ATL Collections

9. ZIP 100 / DSO problem

10. Iomega Zip 100 on Indy with Irix 5.3

11. Zip 100 / 250 differences

12. zip 100 scsi

13. Zip 100 drive on Indy and Indigo2