O2 Gamma value resetting & video DAC LUT's

O2 Gamma value resetting & video DAC LUT's

Post by Lynn Ziegle » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Any advice will be appreciated regarding resetting the value for Gamma
on an O2. (That's a single number less than 20 - here 1.9 for our Sony
monitor - that's a parameter in the function for the mapping or lookup
table of your programs' internal color values to real luminances on the
screen.)

The system seems to use this value in  has a program somewhere that
finds this value in its own special file.

Funny thing is, when I reset Gamma in root, then su back to my own login
name, I call "gamma" and it's the old value again. Interestingly, the
root value stays fixed.

Also I'd appreciate any information on how to store into the video
lookup tables my own values.

Regards,
Lynn

McGill Vision Research   687 Pine Ave, H4-14     Montreal, PQ  H3A 1A1
(514)842-1231 x5306    Msg:843-1690    FAX:843-1691 ==================

1. video DAC on O2 question

Hi,
 Can someone tell me how good the DAC on the O2 is?  How many effective
bits of grayscale will it support?  Also, what is the maximum resolution
you can stream to the disk in real time (assuming you have a fast disk
array)?  Thanks,

--
Mark Flaming

Sutter Instrument Company
Novato California

2. Are Knuth's "Art of Computer Programming" books still worth reading?

3. Method needed to correct gamma value

4. SQL SERVER ERROR '80004005'

5. What is the correct gamma value?

6. Need : Mobile Developer -3 + month Contract -CA..

7. FA: O2 Video & Indy Video/Cosmo/Indy Video 601

8. Majordomo Problem

9. FS: O2's with R10K / 250mhz cpu & video

10. FS: Onyx2's, Origin2000&200,Octane MXI's, O2's

11. FS:O2 w/Video & Maya & more

12. O2 Video Control Panel Resets