File Manager Fatal Error HEEELLLPPP ...

Post by Walter Robers » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

:File Manager Fatal Error
:Could not connect with /usr/etc/fam
:
:This is the error I am getting while running IRIX 5.3 when trying to pull
:up various applications using the Xsgi window manager.  It started happening
:just few days ago. (The only change I made was seting up and running ppp
:software which should have no effect on very much)

You need to restart the objectserver. See the FAQ for details on this
and what happens if it won't restart.

1. XIO: fatal IO error 9 (Bad file number) on X server ":0.0"

When I drag the PPP connection icon to the desktop, it disappears. I can
drag icons from the icon catalog (e.g. jot) and they stay. I tried
dragging the PPP icon to the icon catalog, and I got this error:

XIO:  fatal IO error 9 (Bad file number) on X server ":0.0"
      after 9702 requests (9643 known processed) with 0 events
remaining.

What's going on?

Thanks.

2. comp.lang.objective-c FAQ, part 2/3: ClassWare Listing

3. File manager problem in window manager; v 6.5.

4. DeScribe 4.0 is Shipping

5. File Manager Error

6. VBRUN?00.DLL RIGHTS

7. File manager error after upgrading to 5.3

8. 16bit stack fault under windows 2000

9. Help: File manager error

10. File Manager Error

11. File manager error messages when NFS server is down.

12. File Manager Error on lux

13. FileManager Fatal Error