SGI Indigo Problems

Post by The Pute » Sun, 27 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have a SGI Indigo that is giving me a ton of trouble. It is a Indigo R3K with
64MB ram, 1 gig HD, entry graphics, and IRIX 5.3. I just bought a GR2 Elan
board set for the computer and I can't get it to work. I plug it in and get
nothing after the screen that asks you if you want to go into maintainance
mode. All I get after that is a blue grey screen with a grey square in the
middle with a green cursor that isn't blinking. You can hear the hard drive
clicking but nothing else appears on the screen. I've emailed a bunch of people
about the problem and they all say that I need to reinstall IRIX so that it can
install the correct files to work with the Elan board set. I need to know how
to reinstall IRIX. I try to use the maintainance menu number 2 but it gives me
an error message saying that it can't read the header on the CD. I can install
things off of the CD using software manager but that doesn't help me with
trying to fully reinstall IRIX. Can sombody help me? Email me at

1. SGI Indigo Problems

[...]

2. Adding workstation comments within NT

3. Indigo to Indigo communication problem?

4. Automatic incoming message formatting in xmh??

5. Does anyone know of a cheap 2400 Internet access point in the (206) area code.

6. Login problems on SGI Iris Indigo IRIX 4.0.1

7. Voice Recognition

8. Problem with Pseudo-Terminals on SGI Indigo...

9. SLIP between Mac and SGI Indigo - Disconnect problem.

10. Hard disk problems for sgi indigo 2 and indy

11. (newbie) SGI Monitor and R3K Indigo problem

12. SGI Indigo / IRIX 5.3 Problem