an older GL program, overlays and an O2

Post by Mike Dicks » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi there

I seem to be having a problem with our new O2, in that an IRIS GL
program we use won't display properly.

It is a specialized image viewer (for all intents and purposes), and
when first involked, everything shows up fine.  However, whenever the
image is scaled, or a pop-up window is called, the imagery is redrawn,
then immediately dissappears, both in the main window and the overlay
window.

I'm assuming this was a problem with overlays or something similar,
and the original author of the program led me to believe that O2's
don't support overlays like our Indigo2 does, and that making the
program work properly is as simple as adding a #define somewhere
saying, effectively, don't use overlays.

Is this true?  If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to go
about dong this?  There is nothing in any of the man pages about this,
and there is no IRIS GL book in our insight library.

Any help appreciated

...Mike

ps.  Yes, I have plans to move this dinosaur to OpenGL

1. Outputting an RGB file from my GL programs or GL->MPEG

HI there,

Does anybody know a relatively easy method of dumping the contents of
a GL window to a .rgb file? I can't use snapshot because I need to
dump lots of frames and I'd prefer it if I didn't have to do any post
processing.

What I really want is to record one of my GL programs as an MPEG and
now that someone has posted a way of turning SGI movies into MPEGs it
seems easiest to dump to a pile of rgb files, make a movie and convert
that to MPEG. If anyone else has a better method, I'd love to hear
from you.

thanks,
graeme
--
+------------------------------------+---------------------------------+
| And when the eloquence escapes me, | Graeme Bishko : I.R.C. Leeds    |

2. predictive use of signal processing for networking

3. IV-3.1(or older) for IRIS/OPEN-GL ?

4. XY >> LL

5. ?minimizing GL window without suspending program?

6. CD-R's and Pricing - $5.99 / $4.97

7. !! STILL WANTED !! GL program examples.

8. ** Ethernet Card Wanted! **

9. Pure GL program under IRIX 4.x

10. My cursor won't disappear in my GL program (4.0.5 -> 5.2)

11. GL programs do not work in SOLID IMPACT

12. WTB: Old IRIS GL programming guide and reference books

13. GL programs, xhost, and Xauthentication