ZIP Drive on parallel port?

Post by Denny Chitwo » Sat, 05 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Has anyone tried hooking up a ZIP drive to an SGI's parallel port?

I have a ZIP drive for my home PC which I was wondering if/how I could connect
it to my SGI at work.  Do I need any special software, etc?

Thanks,
Denny

ZIP Drive on parallel port?

Post by Dave Ols » Tue, 08 Aug 1995 04:00:00

| Has anyone tried hooking up a ZIP drive to an SGI's parallel port?

It won't work.  You need the scsi version.
--

The most beautiful things in the world | Dave Olson, Silicon Graphics
are those from which all excess weight | http://reality.sgi.com/employees/olson

ZIP Drive on parallel port?

Post by Christer Olss » Wed, 09 Aug 1995 04:00:00

|> | Has anyone tried hooking up a ZIP drive to an SGI's parallel port?
|>
|> It won't work.  You need the scsi version.

Has anybody tested the scsi-version of zipdrive in SGI Indy? Any conflicts
with other SCSI-peripherals?

ZIP Drive on parallel port?

Post by Dave Ols » Mon, 14 Aug 1995 04:00:00

| |> It won't work.  You need the scsi version.
|
| Has anybody tested the scsi-version of zipdrive in SGI Indy? Any conflicts
| with other SCSI-peripherals?

It worked for me; mediad won't work with it (i.e., ignores it) and 5.2
mediad would try to treat it as a floppy.  Just treat it like an M-O
or other removable hard disk drive (use the dksc driver).

Some folks reported problems with it; might have been different firmware.
--

The most beautiful things in the world | Dave Olson, Silicon Graphics
are those from which all excess weight | http://reality.sgi.com/employees/olson

1. How can I use my Zip Parallel Port drive on my O2?

    Hello,

    I urgently need to transfer files from my WinNT box to my O2. I'm having
some serious trouble with my network so I am unable to transfer files through
my network. I also don't have a modem connected to my O2, so ftp is not possible.
The only immediate solution I have is to use my slow Zip parallel port drive.
The drive is connected to my WinNT box and the zip disks are dos formatted.

    Can anyone tell me how I can get access to my Zip parallel port drive on
my O2? I specifically need to know what cable I need to hook up the drive to
the O2 since the O2 doesn't have a parallel port, but 2 serial ports.

Thanks,

- Tony

   -**** Posted from Supernews, Discussions Start Here(tm) ****-
http://www.supernews.com/ - Host to the World's Discussions & Usenet

2. Simple question about getting started, what do I need?

3. Parallel Port Zip Drive?

4. Problems burning a PC game in Nero 5.5

5. Iomega Parallel port zip disk on Indigo2

6. Win3.x/Win95 Programming Differences

7. Parallel port Zip-100 on O2?

8. Sound files

9. Iomega zip drive to SGI via parallel: am I mad?

10. Driving relais through parallel port???

11. Iomege ZIP non-SCSI Zip drive

12. Wacom and Parallel Zip on SGI 540

13. Help with parallel port