INDY: ISDN config problem in germany

Post by Ralf Beye » Wed, 08 Dec 1999 04:00:00

        >   NTT, 1TR6, or NET3 (also known as Euro-ISDN or DSS-1): One telephone
        >   number.

        From what I've heard these are not necessarily functionally equivalent. I
        was told NET3 was a draft standard, upon which DSS-1 was based. Then again,
        ISDN is a mess :)

        Cheers,
        Pi

I cited only from the SGI ISDN User's Guide
and made no own statement on NTT, 1TR6, or
NET3 ...

Regards

German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.

1. INDY: ISDN config problem in germany

        Hi

        Has anyone experiences with setting up the ISDN services of an Indy
        System in Germany(1TR6)?

Yes, many people, most of them using DSS-1 ...

        Starting it on my machine fails
        The system log says:

         6D:INDY isdnd[888]: Switch refused to talk to us.  Could not
        establish a layer 2 data link.

        What does that mean?

Just what it says ...

To get more information, try

 /usr/etc/isdnd -t 1TR6 -f -d -1

to check why the ISDN line could not be
activated.

If you have resolved this problem, continue
with the ISDN User's Guide.

Regards

German Aerospace Center (DLR)
Deutsches Zentrum fuer Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.

2. Alarm System WEB Page for PCs

3. Indy ISDN in Germany

4. SOL?? help!! password

5. Indy XZ, Presenter, Indy Video Config problem

6. how to remove to hide the link ?

7. ISDN callback Indy -> shiva (isdn router)

8. Indy ISDN on BT ISDN 2e line?

9. Indy ISDN and Cisco 4500 ISDN Access server

10. Indy + ISDN experience sought (Europe/Euro-ISDN)

11. ISDN-connect over ppp..config wanted :-(

12. Indy ISDN Channel Bundling problems