NT emulation apps

Post by David Grindro » Sat, 09 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I would be grateful for any suggestions and info on which is the best
Windows NT emulation for use with SGI machines. We are thinking of
setting up a 2 processor PC with windows NT server software and running
client software on SGI machines to run application on the PC from within
a unix X display. The two software packages I have heard are the best
are

NTrigue -

http://www.insignia.com/NTRIGUE/

and

wincenter - http://www.ncd.com/pwin/pwin.html from NCD.

I have heard the the NCD offering is a little slow. The NTrigue seems to
have quite a large amount of supported clients. Is a 2 processor NT
server going to be fast enough to handle say 5 concurrent users?

Any feedback on what is the best to setup and use on a mainly SGI
cluster would be more be appreciated.

Dave

--
David grindrod, NMR System Manager, EMBL Heidelberg.

HTML Home Page: http://www.NMR.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE/grindrod/

NT emulation apps

Post by Theo Balijo » Sun, 10 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> I would be grateful for any suggestions and info on which is the best
> Windows NT emulation for use with SGI machines. We are thinking of
> setting up a 2 processor PC with windows NT server software and running
> client software on SGI machines to run application on the PC from within
> a unix X display. The two software packages I have heard are the best
> are

> NTrigue -

> http://www.insignia.com/NTRIGUE/

> and

> wincenter - http://www.ncd.com/pwin/pwin.html from NCD.

> I have heard the the NCD offering is a little slow. The NTrigue seems to
> have quite a large amount of supported clients. Is a 2 processor NT
> server going to be fast enough to handle say 5 concurrent users?

> Any feedback on what is the best to setup and use on a mainly SGI
> cluster would be more be appreciated.

> Dave

> --
> David grindrod, NMR System Manager, EMBL Heidelberg.

> HTML Home Page: http://www.NMR.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE/grindrod/

Dave,

going for WINDD from Tektronix, it has proved to be a reasonable
solution, both in speed and relieability and costs less than NTrigue.

Best regards,

NT emulation apps

Post by Mike O'Conno » Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:00:00

:I would be grateful for any suggestions and info on which is the best
:Windows NT emulation for use with SGI machines. We are thinking of

These products do "remote displaying an NT session and adding
multiuser hooks", not emulating the NT PC on an SGI.

:setting up a 2 processor PC with windows NT server software and running
:client software on SGI machines to run application on the PC from within
:a unix X display. The two software packages I have heard are the best
:are
:
:NTrigue -
:

Another option would be WinDD from Tektronics (http://www.tek.com).

--

 InterNIC WHOIS: MJO | (has my PGP & Geek Code info) | Phone: +1 248-848-4481

NT emulation apps

Post by Ken L » Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:00:00

|> I would be grateful for any suggestions and info on which is the best
|> Windows NT emulation for use with SGI machines.

The products you list don't really do NT emulation.
They do allow you to run an NT application on an Intel box
and display the GUI on a UNIX X server.  My web site has
pointers to other similar products.

--

1. USENIX Large Installation Sysadmin of Windows NT Conference (LISA NT) - CFP

USENIX Large Installation System Administration
 of Windows NT Conference (LISA NT)
August 5-7, 1998
Seattle, Washington

Sponsored by USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association
Co-Sponsored by SAGE, the System Administrators Guild

Co-located with the USENIX Windows NT Workshop August 3-5, 1998

SEEKING:  Refereed Papers Submissions, Tutorials, Invited Talks
                and Panel Proposals

Deadlines:  Refereed paper submissions:  March 3, 1998
                  All other submissions:  March 10, 1998

For the complete Call for Participation, visit the Web site:
http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa-nt98/

Bridging Traditional High Performance Systems and NT. . .

This workshop is for system administrators designing or deploying
solutions to manage Windows NT on a large scale (500+ systems).

The Workshop will bring UNIX and NT system administrators together to
discuss workable solutions to scaling issues in the NT environment.
Topics will include management, sharing, and integration.

There will be tutorials on August 5, followed by Technical Sessions
offering refereed papers, invited talks, panel discussions, and
Birds-of-a-Feather sessions.

We encourage anybody administering Windows NT to read the Call for
Participation and consider participating.

USENIX is the Advanced Computing Systems Association.  Its members are
the computer technologists responsible for many of the innovations in
computing we enjoy today.  To find out more about USENIX, visit its
web site: http://www.usenix.org.

2. Create a shortcut to LN database from desktop

3. Can SGI machine run NT and NT application

4. PIX new feature: special ICMP access-lists???

5. USENIX Large Inst Sysadmin of Windows NT Conf (LISA NT) - CFP

6. fp2002 link bar - can i use javascrip pop up with this?

7. USENIX Large Installation Sysadmin of Windows NT Conf (LISA NT) - CFP

8. Slow Network Settings?

9. Terminal emulation program?

10. Novell 4.x Emulation for SGI Platforms

11. IRIX Emulation?

12. Experiences with Mac/PC emulation?

13. Macintosh/Windows Emulation???