One silly question: can 1600SW Flat Panel be used with Octane?

One silly question: can 1600SW Flat Panel be used with Octane?

Post by Biohit » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:37:52

As far as I know, one needs an O2 adapter to make O2
work with SGI 1600SW Flat Panel, but I have no idea
about the Octane, will it work?

Biohity

--
Use our news server 'news.foorum.com' from anywhere.
More details at: http://nnrpinfo.go.foorum.com/

Post by Greg Dougla » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:05:48

> As far as I know, one needs an O2 adapter to make O2
> work with SGI 1600SW Flat Panel, but I have no idea
> about the Octane, will it work?

afaik, there is no FPA (flat panel interface) for the Octane to
use the 1600SW.

Many people have tried (with varying degrees of success) to
use  SGI's MLA (multi link adapter), but there are problems
using the vfc (video format compiler) on the Octane to generate
the correct .vfo file for 1600x1024 at 60Hz., with the proper
timing for the MLA.

See;  http://niri.ncsa.uiuc.edu/slevy/o2-stereo/

for details (Read the section about the Octane).

--
Greg Douglas
http://www.reputable.com

1. 1600SW Flat Panel vs Flat CRT

I am considering purchasing SGI 17" 1600 Flat Panel(LCD) or SGI 21"
5011P Flat Trinitron (CRT) for SGI O2s and have a few questions I hope
some users or admins could help me with.  After using, adjusting and
comparing the two for the last week, it appears the  1600 has the better
clarity, sharpness, brightness, vibrant colors, and a much better aspect
ratio.  However, the 5011P seems to have better viewing angles and a
much better "white  point".  In short, I think the 1600 is the overall
better display, but is there any way to get a truer "bleach white" or is
this "cream white" inherent (common) in all LCDs???  I tried adjusting
using the Flat Panel/Display Properties "control panels" to no avail.
Any comments or experiences welcome...

David Chaney
System Administrator
Pliant Systems, Inc

PS: The units will be used for a variety of design, multimedia, and
development work...

2. Web Component Top 10 List

3. Anyone using a NVidia GeForce4 Ti4600 with the SGI 1600SW Flat Panel Display?

4. File write problem

5. 1600SW Flat panel question

6. Scripting

7. 1600sw Flat Panel Questions

8. newbie: Book on METAFONT (Vol:C OR Vol:D) ?

9. SGI Flat Panel Monitor 1600SW question

10. Help: Indigo 2 and 1600SW Flat Panel

11. 1600SW Flat Panel PLUS VGA - HOWTO

12. Running SGI Multilink with 1600SW flat panel under Windows XP with Nvidia GeForce 3 card

13. 1600SW Flat Panel