Audio Control - setting volume at log-in

Post by Doug Co » Thu, 20 Oct 1994 03:52:03

> Is there a way to store a preferred audio volme that gets set at
> login? I've trid "Save" within Audio Control but when I log in the volume
> still gets set to 10 (ie. too loud). (IRIX 5.2)

There's no way to do it automatically... ...yet. But you could invoke
apanel from your login script to do it for you... I think -openfile <filename>
-nodisplay will do the trick.

        -Doug

"The mark of good technique is that it is unnoticed." -Alfred Hitchcock

Audio Control - setting volume at log-in

Post by Stephan Winok » Thu, 20 Oct 1994 07:11:57

I have the following in my .Sgiresources file, and it seems to work.

apanel*initSource:              digital
apanel*initInRate:              -2
apanel*initOutRate:             44100
apanel*initMonitorOff
apanel*initUnmute
apanel*initInLevelLeft1:        175
apanel*initInLevelRight1:       175
apanel*initOutLevelLeft:        4
apanel*initOutLevelRight:       4
apanel*initMeterOn
apanel*initGangInput
apanel*initGangOutput
apanel*dbScale:                 true
apanel*listeningLed:            true

(I have apanel as part of my default startup stuff, so it's always
running)

--
Stephan Winokur                                                 215-638-3707

"I smoked my first cigarette and kissed my first woman on the same day.
 I have not had time for tobacco since." -- Arturo Toscanini.

Post by Paul - Mill » Wed, 19 Oct 1994 23:53:33

Is there a way to store a preferred audio volme that gets set at
login? I've trid "Save" within Audio Control but when I log in the volume
still gets set to 10 (ie. too loud). (IRIX 5.2)

--
Paul Miller            |              "What EEEEZ it man!?"
Software Engineer      | The opinions expressed by me do not necessarily

Post by Jeffrey Dea » Thu, 20 Oct 1994 22:16:09

|> Is there a way to store a preferred audio volme that gets set at
|> login? I've trid "Save" within Audio Control but when I log in the volume
|> still gets set to 10 (ie. too loud). (IRIX 5.2)

Starting apanel with the command apanel -openfile my_apanel_settings
(or whatever) should start apanel with your saved settings. If you're
using the window manager to start apanel for you whe you log in, this
won't work because apanel doesn't include the command line options in
the WM_COMMAND property.
Instead of using the window manager to start apanel for me, I have
a ~/.sgisession file which contains the line:

/usr/sbin/apanel -dbscale -listeningled -monitoroff -unmute \
    -inlevels 195 -outlevels 16 -source line -iconic

Hope this helps.

--
Jeffrey Deans, TeamAda  member

WWW : http://www.york.ac.uk/~jd102/

1. Audio volume control on an O2

How do I adjust the volume on the O2?  I can
adjust it using the push buttons on the outside
and the apanel, however I'm not able to
"turn it down,"  At the bottom of the apanel scale
the sound is still too load (corrosponding with
the push buttons on the box).

Thanks.

--

christopher hanlon
software engineer

2. Open Inventor for Mac "Trial Balloon"

3. Indigo2 digital audio volume control

4. VAX decommissioning/secure HD wipe

5. Digital Audio Card DA1100 540 Audio control panel won't open!

6. 0x32 UPDATE Message

7. HELP: when to use an EXTERNAL xfs log sub-volume?

8. call waiting

9. Apanel with volume control only

10. Audio Sound Volume

11. SpaceTour audio volume bug

12. SGI audio/video syncrony check & serial i/o control

13. How To Control Audio