IRIX 6.2 audit problem (retry)

Post by Michael N. LeVin » Fri, 16 May 1997 04:00:00

A few weeks ago I upgraded from 5.3 (w ith auditing) to 6.2 (with
auditing)

during startup I get the message:

satd: Audit not configured -- exiting

when I run satconfig I get the alarm box with the message
        audit system is not installed.

even after running satconfig, I still get the satd error message
on startup.

running 'versions' shows that eoe.sw.audit is installed.

An one have a suggestion on what to try now.
--
           Michael N. LeVine

 "Thirty days hath September, April, June and November.
  All the rest have thirty one except for Gypsy Rose Lee
  and every one knew what she had"
        - Mel Blanc

IRIX 6.2 audit problem (retry)

Post by Alexis Cousei » Sat, 17 May 1997 04:00:00

>         audit system is not installed.

This means exactly what it says. Use swmgr's `Find...' tool with audit
as a search string, unleashing it on your OS CDs ;).

--
Alexis Cousein
Sales Support Engineer

IRIX 6.2 audit problem (retry)

Post by Michael N. LeVin » Tue, 20 May 1997 04:00:00

> >         audit system is not installed.

> This means exactly what it says. Use swmgr's `Find...' tool with audit
> as a search string, unleashing it on your OS CDs ;).

> --
> Alexis Cousein
> Sales Support Engineer
> Silicon Graphics NV/SA  (Belgium)

        I double checked, and the only 'audit' I found was "eoe.sw.audit" and
"eoe.man.audit" which as I stated in my original message I had loaded
as part of the 5.3 -> 6.2 upgrade.
  A check with both "versions" and "inst" show it as having being loaded
and listing files "versions list eoe.sw.audit" gave a list of files
loaded from that module. Checking the disk showed that all the files
listed were on disk where they should be.
        I even tried removeing and reinstalling eoe.sw.audit with no change
in the situation.
--
           Michael N. LeVine

 "Thirty days hath September, April, June and November.
  All the rest have thirty one except for Gypsy Rose Lee
  and every one knew what she had"
        - Mel Blanc

1. AUDIT: how to use sat_summarize (new irix 5 audit utils)

i am trying to use the new irix 5 (sysV r2) audit utilities with
no luck - the sat_summarize man page says this should work but it
doesn't for me:

# satd -o -f /usr/adm/sat | sat_summarize -t  -e  -u
Warning: missing or bad file header!

# ps -ef | grep satd
root   431     1  0 17:05:53 ?        0:01 /bin/satd -f /var/adm/sat

# ll /var/adm/sat
-rw-------    1 auditor  sys       924400 Mar 15 17:54 sat_9403151705

any help appreciated,
                fish
--
            we know and we understand, mighty god is a living man
                    you can fool some people, some times,

2. Looking for help in ISDN

3. Audit under IRIX 6.2

4. Plextor 12Plex and Multisession

5. Solaris 2.5 problem (was Irix 6.2 NFS version 3 problem

6. FAQ Anybody?

7. Problems linking an Irix 5.3 application in Irix 6.2

8. Displaying IMAGEs in IE5??

9. Updating problem from Irix 5.3 to Irix 6.2

10. Print Problem IRIX 5.3 vs IRIX 6.2

11. Tape blocksize mismatch/retries problem

12. system auditing problem...

13. Auditing a login session under IRIX 5.2