What MacOS Colorsync to use for SGI 1600SW?

What MacOS Colorsync to use for SGI 1600SW?

Post by Ernes » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have an SGI 1600SW in a Mac running OS 8.6 from a Formac ProFormance 3
adapter.  When I bring up the Monitors and Sound Control Panel, there is
a Colors tab that lets you pick a ColorSync profile.

The SGI monitor is not listed and SGI has not activated my tech support
ID yet for me to ask them, AND,   I cannot find any downloads on the SGI
site.

Does anyone know what Colorsync profile to use or where I could get one
for the 1600SW?

TIA

L Wilson

Post by Alexis Cousei » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I have an SGI 1600SW in a Mac running OS 8.6 from a Formac ProFormance 3
> adapter.  When I bring up the Monitors and Sound Control Panel, there is
> a Colors tab that lets you pick a ColorSync profile.

> The SGI monitor is not listed and SGI has not activated my tech support
> ID yet for me to ask them, AND,   I cannot find any downloads on the SGI
> site.

> Does anyone know what Colorsync profile to use or where I could get one
> for the 1600SW?

That depends. Don't know the drivers on Mac, but hardware-wise, the
1600SW colour characteristics are programmable, so there wouldn't be "a
single" profile, except perhaps for the factory defaults.

That was all on a 320 -- don't know about the software drivers that come
with the Mac flavour. I would think you could adjust the white point,
though probably not calibrate the monitor with a sensor (at least, that
was the case with the PC number nine bundle).

--
<standard disclaimer: these are my personal views, not SGI's>

Systems Engineer                SGI Belgium/Luxemburg

What MacOS Colorsync to use for SGI 1600SW?

Post by Ernes » Tue, 08 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Over the weekend I found a update to Colorsync for OS 8.6 that included
a profile for the 1600SW.  Voila.

For the record, Colorsync 2.6 and (presumably) later has the profile.

Les