3rd party memory for indy r4***

Post by ray crossl » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

        i've read the faq, but vendors i've talked to generally say "huh?" when i
bring up page-mode. anyone care to comment on successes and failures with
specific brands of simms? any opinions on whether the extra cost of kingston
chips is worth savings in frustration?
        thanks,
        ray crossley

3rd party memory for indy r4***

Post by Christian Smi » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>         i've read the faq, but vendors i've talked to generally say
"huh?" when i
> bring up page-mode. anyone care to comment on successes and failures with
> specific brands of simms? any opinions on whether the extra cost of kingston
> chips is worth savings in frustration?
>         thanks,
>         ray crossley

I highly recomend Tahoe Peripherals for third party ram.  And yes, using
the Kingston packages is a great headache saver for the small additional
cost.  Usually with Tahoe all I have to do is say "I have an xyz system
and I need a XMB of Ram".

3rd party memory for indy r4***

Post by JCarr378 » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

viking, and datram for sure.
     UPS   SUN   SCSI   Barracudas       GSA schedule    Maryland
                   home page http://www.digitalcity.com/powerstar
ph:800-209-5556

1. 3rd Party Indy Memory (64MB)

Hi,

  I am in the market for 64MB of 3rd party memory for the Indy using 16MB
simms.  I have heard that high profile simms (using 4mbit dram chips) won't
work in the Indy because there are too many chips on the simms, so only get
low profile (16mbit dram chips).  A supplier says that either will work.
One supplier said that high profile won't fit in the Indy. (I already have
some high profile and it fits.)  I haven't had any problems with the Indy
using high profile memory, but it has only been up for a few days.

Does anyone know the true story?  Am I just hearing suppliers trying
to sell what they have the most of?

Thanks.

Tim Raymond

--
Tim Raymond

2. Need a web service built?

3. How to tell Indy to use LUNs - 3rd party RAID 5 on Indy

4. laser Calligraphic font wanted

5. Origin 3000 memory, 3rd party yet?

6. FP14 Doesn't Speed Up DOS Window

7. 3rd Party Memory

8. Visual C# and Win32 resource

9. 3rd Party Memory for O2?

10. 3rd party memory for Origin 200?

11. 3rd Party Memory for a Challenge S

12. 3rd party memory for O2 and Origin 200 ?

13. 3rd Party Memory Upgrade