how to get rid of StartSysTour icon?

Post by Gabriel Zachma » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

How do i get rid of the stupid "StartSysTour",
Register_&_Win, and Welcome_to_SGI icons
on the desktop of 6.5???

I can move them to the dumpster, but with the next login they're back!
I tried a find in .desktop-<host>, but there seem to be no such files/links.

Any hint will be gratly appreciated!
Gab.

| To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is a  |
| koan. Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated. You  |
| discover truth everytime you use it.  -- Reddy                      |

1. getting rid of some desktop icons...

I want to keep the user's directory desktop icon, but want to lose
all of the others (ie. cdrom, dat, camera).  The problem is that
we share desktop configs between a lot of different systems and
it seems that they get confused.

How can I get rid of just certain system icons?  I've "removed"
icon from desktop, but it always comes back after logout/login again.

Thanks for any help!

Dave

Imaging Research Center, UMBC                   voice   410.455.3373
http://www.irc.umbc.edu/~david/                     fax     410.455.1035

2. Why Do Mame Keep Doing This

3. Getting rid of M$ ^m in text files

4. Suppressing to margin. How?

5. Getting rid of /disk2

6. pop up problem.

7. Need help getting rid of password on Indigo

8. Certification

9. Getting rid of SoftWindows2

10. Getting rid of NIS in the Host Resolution Order?

11. this 'update icon catalog' message I keep getting...

12. Drag-and-drop - getting desktop icon drop events

13. Changing 4DWM Desktop ICONS, Arringing Icons to GRID?