Booting from IRIX CD

Post by Wyman Cho » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to boot from the IRIX CD to install the OS on a Indigo 2
but I have not been able to. Can somebody tell me what the boot command
should be?

Thanks

Booting from IRIX CD

Post by Richard Büchte » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> I am trying to boot from the IRIX CD to install the OS on a Indigo 2
> but I have not been able to. Can somebody tell me what the boot command
> should be?

> Thanks

At the PROM prompt enter (for Indigo2)

    boot -f dksc(<controller-no.>,<cdrom-id>,8)/sashARCS

that means when your CDROM has SCSI-id 4 and your controller is the first
one (No. 0)
you have to enter:

    boot -f dksc(0,4,8)/sashARCS

If you have an external CDROM, then controller no. 1 is used!

richy
--
Richard Bchter

1. How do you boot a 4D/220 from CD to install IRIX 5.3

I have a 4D/220 GTX w/ 32 MB and need to know how to boot the machine from
cdrom in order to install Irix 5.3. I have a Toshiba 3401 drive with the
proper jumpers cut. Now I need to know what to type on the monitor to boot
from the cdrom drive. HElp please.

Thanks in advance.

Jojo

--
                            Jojo Colina

                         4D Communications
"Telecommunications policy should not be left in the hands of people
whose closest contact with technology is an Etch-a-Sketch"---JEC

2. Logos and Text as Features

3. Irix boot from Linux-hosted CD

4. Checking for clients in a workgroup

5. Booting IRIX 6.2 CD over network across a router

6. Wanted: VEDIT.CMD for CP/M-86

7. booting from CD (IRIX 4.0 to install IRIX5.3)

8. WinBiff 3.3 available on TUCOWS

9. Indy w/Irix 5.3 How to boot with CD

10. How to boot from CD-ROM to install IRIX 6.2

11. custom efs CD-R (Custom IRIX CDs?)

12. WTT: IRIX 6.2+IDO CD's for 5.3+IDO CD's

13. Booting from CD or Floppy on 320