GDM-17E21 & O2

Post by Doug Smit » Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I've got a GDM-17E21 monitor hooked to an Indigo2.  The Indigo is about to
be replaced with an O2 - am I going to have problems with this monitor with
this computer?
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Use my home address:

Sorry 'bout the munged address.  Blame the spam scam scum.
I don't like a 95% spam (literally!) mailbox.

GDM-17E21 & O2

Post by Greg Dougla » Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> I've got a GDM-17E21 monitor hooked to an Indigo2.  The Indigo is about to
> be replaced with an O2 - am I going to have problems with this monitor with
> this computer?

Only if you try to plug it in.   Heh.  :)
The Indigo 2 has a 13W3 output for connecting the monitor. The O2 has a
HD15 (PeeCee type) connector for the monitor.  The GDM17E21 has both
HD15 (female) input, and 5 BNCs.  You will need an adapter, or a simple
male to male HD15 (might be available at like, CompUSA) cable to connect
the O2 to the GDM17E21.

--
----------------------------------|--------------------------------
 Greg Douglas - Reputable Systems | "Do not dangle the mouse by its
                                  | co-workers" - SGI owner's guide
----------------------------------|--------------------------------

1. Where to Buy: HDB15 to HDB15 Cable for O2 to GDM-17E21

I recently purchased a SGI GDM-17E21 monitor, which unfortunately did not
come with a HDB15 to HDB15 cable similar to that bundled with O2 systems.

As such, I traveled to my local computer retail chain in search of the
"best" HDB15 to HDB15 monitor cable they had. After repeated assurances
that the Belkin "Gold-Plated" cable was as capable as the snake-like cable
shipped with O2, systems I bought it.

Much to my dismay, with the new cable, the formerly rock-steady and razor
sharp image on the GDM-17E21 turned to a blurry, wavy, ghost-filled one.

Does anyone know of a good source where I could get such a cable? SGI
perhaps? It is about 1/4" thick, has molded connectors on each end, and
has a torus magnet molded onto each end. The part number on the sheath of
my cable here at work says "018-0530-001 REV E VIST 9707".

Regards,

Grant
--
 Grant M. Erickson                           University of Minnesota

  o http://www.tc.umn.edu/nlhome/g496/eric0139/

2. Roll Over/Hunt Group

3. FS: GDM-17E21 Monitors - NEW -

4. CALL FOR PAPERS (extended deadline)