1. Setting up Terratec Sound Card
I'm having a heck of a time setting up my Terratec 'Soudsystem Base 1'
pnp sound card. I've looked through the sound-HOWTO and it wasn't much
help. Basically, it tells you to re-compile the kernel with the driver
enabled, and that the kernel should take care of the rest at start-up.
Well, my card is supposed to be Sound Blaster and MPU-401 compatible.
Looking at the defaults in the RedHat 5.0 system that I have here,
support for my card is enabled as a module. But when I cat
/dev/sndstat, nothing is configured, so of course, cat sample.au >
/dev/audio tells me that the device is not configured. Under Win95, the
device uses IRQ 9 and starts at the address 0330.
I think the problem may be that the card is ''plug and pray''. I'm
not exactly sure how to deal with this. I've tried to use pnpdump, and
it does seem to see my card, but I don't know what to do with it. The
man pages of isapnptools don't offer much help. If anyone can offer
suggestions/hints/slaps-accross-the-head-to-wake-me-up, I'd appreciate
2. Sblive and RH6.0
3. Linux driver for Terratec Aureon 5.1 fun sound card
4. NE2000 open cable problem
5. Repost:Anyone using Terratec Base-1 sound card?
6. Q: malloc/free structures in core
7. Terratec EWS64 S sound card experience.
8. unusual make rule and possible bug
9. Sound card Terratec Base1
10. Via8233 Onboard Sound Card (RE: [PATCH 2.4.20] Via 8233 Sound Support)
11. Question: Sound support with Trident 4DWave Sound card?
12. Sound Driver support for Windows Sound System Card
13. Terratec sound system base1 PnP