Sendmail Catchall Configuration

Post by Joe Raschk » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Where can I find information about configuring the sendmail on my red hat
linux 5.1 to work as a catchall mail account.  If I have two domains set up
and the proper MX records defined.  How do I get all mail addressed to the
first domain (xyz.com) to go to one user (Ms. XYX) and all the mail address
to the second domain (abc.com) to go to one user (Mr. ABC)

Post by A. Reicher » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

: Where can I find information about configuring the sendmail on my red hat
: linux 5.1 to work as a catchall mail account.  If I have two domains set up
: and the proper MX records defined.  How do I get all mail addressed to the
: first domain (xyz.com) to go to one user (Ms. XYX) and all the mail address
: to the second domain (abc.com) to go to one user (Mr. ABC)

www.sendmail.org

Look for info on virtusertable and genericstable.

- Al

Sendmail Catchall Configuration

Post by Anssi Yl?tal » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Where can I find information about configuring the sendmail on my red hat
> linux 5.1 to work as a catchall mail account.  If I have two domains set
up
> and the proper MX records defined.  How do I get all mail addressed to
the
> first domain (xyz.com) to go to one user (Ms. XYX) and all the mail
address
> to the second domain (abc.com) to go to one user (Mr. ABC)

I think that proper place to start discovery would be
http://www.sendmail.org

AnSsI

1. Catchall Email alias in sendmail

Can anyone tell me how to create a catchall aliases using sendmail? I'm
wanting the server to send any email of which it doesn't know the addressee
to a particular email account - i.e.

fred - user doesn't exist but someone send an email to this account. I want
sendmail to send whatever email that is sent to a user that doesn't exist to
send it to me.

Thanks.
Sendmail bad.

2. Printer setup

3. Sendmail: local configuration error

4. undo partitions

5. Newbie sendmail configuration

6. How do I tell lpr not to print a blank page after each job???

7. sendmail configuration

8. Viglen Mouse button2

9. Sendmail configuration question

10. sendmail.cf configuration