Wabi (win95 emulator) and StarOffice

Post by ru.. » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Can anybody tell me where to find Wabi (win95 emulator, not 3.11) and
also StarOffice 5.0. any help would be appreciated.

Post by Peter S. Froum » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Can anybody tell me where to find Wabi (win95 emulator, not 3.11) and

Wabi can only handle win 3.x programs and since it is no longer being
developed it is unlikely it will ever work with win9x programs. However,
Wine is being actively worked on and can handle *some* win95 programs and
doesn't require a copy of windows - http://www.winehq.com/ for more info
maybe http://www.stardivision.de/

--

Zippy says:
YOU!!  Give me the CUTEST, PINKEST, most charming little VICTORIAN

1. questions about Wabi. WABI <---> WIN95 applications??

hi,

I'd like to use microsoft word and some other window application (visio) on
my solaris 2.5.1 workstation.

I have wabi 2.2 rev A installed on my workstation, but found out
that it is asking for WIN 3.1.

My question: is there a Wabi release to run Win95 applications and not
just just Win 3.1 ?

Has any one actually used Wabi to use word 6.0 (I'd rather use Word 7.0, but
that requires Win95). Has anyone also used Visio on Wabi?

Can one run any Windows application on Wabi? or some subset? how large
is this subset? is Wabi the best UNIX environment to run windows applications
on? I have heared of something called soft-windows, but know nothing
about it.

thanks,
Nasser
--
Nasser Abbasi. Perkin Elmer - Applied BioSystem division.
Development of DNA and Protein analysis software. C/C++/UNIX.

2. Intel L440GX+ Mainboard and Linux ???

3. Dos emulator for X86 Wabi

4. 2.5.8-pre3 - drivers/net/wan/farsync.c

5. WABI:DOS-Emulator?

6. How do I make tcsh my login shell?

7. Suggestions for DOS emulator for WABI

8. which is better: Slackware or SLS

9. WABI emulator for SUN OS

10. Wabi : DOS emulators

11. Dos emulator for Wabi