HELP: SET UP PPP

Post by Zhouhong S » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I tried to set up a ppp connect to my internet service provider.
I can use windows 95 to access the service provider. The provider
uses linux box on the server site. But couldn't set up
ppp on my linux. I used all help from those On-line help, HowTo
but just couldn't get it. I set up the setserieal in rc.d and so on,
set up ppp-on in the /etc/ppp directory and options as well. What I did
is as following,

I logon as a normal user and run x window, so I can open serveral
xterms to make teh link. I used one to tail -f ppp-log
and another to logon as root to start pppd,
it goes all the necessary steps, and I saw login and passwd prompts
and the strings sent by my pppd, after that, on my pppd, it kept
displaying some strings with a lot of {~} and so on, then it just quit.
On the ppp-log, it goes to

connected
ppp0<--->ttyp1
LCP timeout: COnfig-Request