Q: Enlightenment WM

Post by Ray Fun » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

hi

i have come across E and there were a few things i was wondering about
it.
- is there anyway to run a theme without having it either totoally
uncompressed and sitting in your ~/.enlightenment dir or with a link
called DEFAULT in /usr/local/enlightenment/themes to the tar'd gzip'd
file... can the theme uncompressed in the E dir?
- why does compiling Eterm complain at me about an undefined reference
to pow in libpng (happens in both png-0.96 and png-1.0.1 even thoough
they are called 1.0.96 and 2.0.1 for some reason)... whats wrong with
png?
- is there an rpm'd (or binary tar ball) distribution of Eterm - i
couldnt find one last time i looked

thanks

ray

ps - can people cc any replies to myself and anyone who doesnt know what
E is, its well worth a look; see
    http://www.rasterman.com

Q: Enlightenment WM

Post by Sean M Hollingswort » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

> hi

> i have come across E and there were a few things i was wondering about
> it.
> - is there anyway to run a theme without having it either totoally
> uncompressed and sitting in your ~/.enlightenment dir or with a link
> called DEFAULT in /usr/local/enlightenment/themes to the tar'd gzip'd
> file... can the theme uncompressed in the E dir?
> - why does compiling Eterm complain at me about an undefined reference
> to pow in libpng (happens in both png-0.96 and png-1.0.1 even thoough
> they are called 1.0.96 and 2.0.1 for some reason)... whats wrong with
> png?
> - is there an rpm'd (or binary tar ball) distribution of Eterm - i
> couldnt find one last time i looked

> thanks

> ray

> ps - can people cc any replies to myself and anyone who doesnt know what
> E is, its well worth a look; see
>     http://www.rasterman.com

You should have a directory /usr/local/enlightenment/themes (or
something similar) in which all of your themes will reside.  If you want
to run, say, the Neuromancer theme, put the tarball (let's call it
NEUROMANCER) into the themes directory.  To start E with this theme, add
"enlightenment -theme NEUROMANCER" to your .xinitrc or .xsession file.
I'm not 100% certain that "-theme" is correct -- I haven't had E on in a
while -- it may just be "-NEUROMANCER".

For the Eterm problem ... I'm not sure.  Maybe you're using a version of
Eterm that doesn't like the version of imlib that you have.  Like I
said, it's been awhile since I ran E, so I don't know what new problems
have crept in.  Next month DR 0.14 should be out (hopefully) and I'll go
back to using it...

Q: Enlightenment WM

Post by Tristan Wibberle » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> - why does compiling Eterm complain at me about an undefined reference
> to pow in libpng (happens in both png-0.96 and png-1.0.1 even thoough
> they are called 1.0.96 and 2.0.1 for some reason)... whats wrong with
> png?

hmm, find the header files for libpng and add at the start of each

#include <math.h>

that may work, but that should already be done in any header files that
need it so it may not work - you could always try recompiling libpng !

--
Vote Linus Torvalds, father of Linux a man of the century as a
builder and titan! Spread the word, spread it far. Let's contact

Q: Enlightenment WM

Post by Mark Maur » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

: hi
:
: i have come across E and there were a few things i was wondering about
: it.
: - is there anyway to run a theme without having it either totoally
: uncompressed and sitting in your ~/.enlightenment dir or with a link
: called DEFAULT in /usr/local/enlightenment/themes to the tar'd gzip'd
: file... can the theme uncompressed in the E dir?
: - why does compiling Eterm complain at me about an undefined reference
: to pow in libpng (happens in both png-0.96 and png-1.0.1 even thoough
: they are called 1.0.96 and 2.0.1 for some reason)... whats wrong with
: png?
: - is there an rpm'd (or binary tar ball) distribution of Eterm - i
: couldnt find one last time i looked

Hmm, can't answer your question about the themes, but for your eterm problem,
sounds as if the -lm compile option (include the math library, of which pow
is a function of) in the makefile.  Check your makefile for the -lm option,
and if it isn't there, add it.  Seems like that should be your problem...

Hope it helps...

--

Programmer,  Digital Magic Interactive          http://www.dminteractive.com
Senior,      Michigan Technological University  Houghton, MI